Looking for a Takeoff Software

It's a software out there that takeoff blueprints, (piping, duct, the insulation portion). This software could figure the total feet for the piping, and the total square feet for duct. The problem is I don't nowhere to find it.

If anybody knows where to find this software, please let me know. I really need it for my business. Thank You!

It's a software out there that takeoff blueprints, (piping, duct, the insulation portion). This software could figure the total feet for the piping, and the total square feet for duct. The problem is I don't nowhere to find it.

If anybody knows where to find this software, please let me know. I really need it for my business. Thank You!

Well, I learned something new today.

You might search CAD software. Maybe some of it has some specialized functions that might help you. Or try some of the trade magazines.

• 1 month later...
I'm looking to purchase a ON-SCREEN TAKEOFF software to takeoff my blueprints on the computer, instead of taking it off by manual.

Anyone know where I could purchase any type of Takeoff software? Any website I could go on?

Look at the report from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at https://tsc.wes.army.mil/Cost_Estimating_01...inal_Report.pdf

I have been using On Center Software myself and it works very well. (They are based in Houston.)

It is not inexpensive though.

• 1 year later...

I'm also confused by the question, but I have an answer that may be dead on or totally not what you're looking for, but it may be informative to others down the line so I'll share the knowledge.

AutoCAD has the ability to let you load a raster image, such as an old floorplan, that was printed off where no digital copy exists. You just import the raster image and trace it with lines, plines, arcs etc, and scale it to full architectural scale. Furthermore, if you mean "takeoff" as in removeing different elements of the drawings, such as a floorplan that included electrical or HVAC, may I suggest the retrace, or the original itself if it existed as a digital, should have been drawn on different layers other than the "0" Layer and/or assembled as multiple "Xrefs". That way different elements could be removed for different printouts or plots without drawing the same thing over and over.

Archived