Suggestions for photoshoot?

I need some ideas of places where i can photograph cars. My main concern is legality, no point in rushing a photo just to dodge a security guard. Also, places that would allow me to shoot in daytime. Any and all suggestions will probably be used, and posted! Thanks guys! and gals!

I need some ideas of places where i can photograph cars. My main concern is legality, no point in rushing a photo just to dodge a security guard. Also, places that would allow me to shoot in daytime. Any and all suggestions will probably be used, and posted! Thanks guys! and gals!

If you're doing a photo shoot large enough to worry about a security guard on private property, you should probably also look into getting a permit from the city before decamping in a public park.

FWIW, I know that the Sabine Street Lofts have on occasion let companies use their parking garage roof for taking pictures of things/people with the skyline in the background. If you're on private property, you don't need a city permit.

you don't a permit on public prop. Also you can take pictures of private property as long as you are on public property.

Again, it depends on the size of your shoot. If you're going to set up lights and tripods and other equipment, you very likely WILL need a permit, even if you're on public property; better check with the city. Virtually every city I've shot in requires permits if you're putting up anything more than a Wal-mart tripod. That includes Chicago, New York, LA, Tokyo, and London. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston was the same, especially post-9/11. And if you're bringing in a car, you're certainly going to want to light it properly.

Again, it depends on the size of your shoot. If you're going to set up lights and tripods and other equipment, you very likely WILL need a permit, even if you're on public property; better check with the city. Virtually every city I've shot in requires permits if you're putting up anything more than a Wal-mart tripod. That includes Chicago, New York, LA, Tokyo, and London. I wouldn't be surprised if Houston was the same, especially post-9/11. And if you're bringing in a car, you're certainly going to want to light it properly.

i misunderstood what he said I guess, I thought he was more asking, where can he take pictures of cars... not where can he setup shoots for cars. In that case yea, I understand that situation.

<br />i misunderstood what he said I guess, I thought he was more asking, where can he take pictures of cars... not where can he setup shoots for cars. In that case yea, I understand that situation.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

yeah, i meant more as in where are some nice places to take photos, not so much where it is legal

<br /><br /><br />

yeah, i meant more as in where are some nice places to take photos, not so much where it is legal

Ah, sorry for misunderstanding you. I thought you meant you were bringing your own car.

In that case, are there certain types or models of cars you're looking for? Do you want them parked or driving?

Ah, sorry for misunderstanding you. I thought you meant you were bringing your own car.

In that case, are there certain types or models of cars you're looking for? Do you want them parked or driving?

mainly imports. it is for a friends website jdminspired.net (which is down right now :( ), we have a few cars lined up all ready, but im always open to new suggestions! and in regards to parked/moving, probably both. I love a good panning shot!

Try shooting at the Art Car Parade. There are so called imports there. Its coming up May 12.

Also, check out Star Motor Cars on Washington, lotsa high dollar imports that roll out of black 18 wheelers weekly. Just park across the street.

mainly imports. it is for a friends website jdminspired.net (which is down right now :( ), we have a few cars lined up all ready, but im always open to new suggestions! and in regards to parked/moving, probably both. I love a good panning shot!

goodluck with the pictures, let us know once you have taken some.

• 1 month later...

search button is good :)

i found this thread and am a bit surprised there weren't a lot of suggestions on where to have a photoshoot.

so, i'm hoping maybe now there could be more responces

Can anyone suggest good places to do a car photoshoot? when i say good places i'm referring to places that can be a good background. like sceneray or some place with a fountain??

oh, and it can't be somewhere that one has to hurry up take the pic and move cuz of on coming traffic. those are too stressful.

anyway, hope to see some good suggestions :)

What about the streets in the desserted warehouse areas in the near east end?

What about the streets in the desserted warehouse areas in the near east end?

actually, not a bad idea. ppl usually use parking garages or warehouse areas as their backgrounds.

but i need a place that has grass that i can park my car on for the pics.

since my car is low being on the grass makes it look lower B)

know of any grassy places i can use? typically all the places with grass u have to go up a curb and i can't do that :(