Dinner Bell

Its even hard to find white rice with the brown gravy on top (maybe Picadilly) and they are rare in Houston. Almeda Mall the last one I know of and its days may be numbered.

The Piccadilly at Almeda Mall is one of two remaining in Houston. The other one's at 7750 W. Bellfort. I keep meaning to go to one or the other, but neither one is close to where I live. I grew up going to the ones at Northwest Mall and Northline, both of which closed within the past several years as a result of Piccadilly's reorganization.

• 1 year later...

My brother have planned our yearly jaunt to our old stomping grounds. We always eat at a place we ate at as kids. This year the Dinner Bell is on the menu. Does anyone know their hours? Are they opened for lunch? Are they still crowded?

We will be there friday, May 4th and wanted to have lunch there. Is the food still good? Is it the same inside? I know someone said in an earlier post that it was larger now. Inquiring minds want to know. I know I could just call them but I'd like to hear some honest opinions on the food quality. My brother and I were last there in 1975. Thanks in advance for your help.

I will be in the Eastend with camera in hand so hopefully I'll get some interesting shots to post.

hi eastend susan, i used to eat at dinner bell with my mother....we went there for thanksgiving dinner....i grew up in east end and graduated from SFA....did u reply to a post about ray hays broiler burger on dumble....do u know how i cld review the post....i used to go there too...their burgers were fantastic....give a shout back....love ur kitirik photo!! does anyone remember samperis deli on telephone rd?

Archived