Houston City Councilman gets punked on his own show.

johncoby

No, dear; no light bulbs for you.

It was a standard metal edged real estate sign placed illegally between the sidewalk and street in front of Mr. Berry's home/office. So yes, he was aware of it, and no, it cannot be blamed on someone else. (Unlike Mr. Berry, I will not claim that a sign is responsible for rivers of innocent blood being shed.) Perhaps you can also expand on the reason Lower Westheimer is undeserving of protection under the law. (This should be interesting...)

OK, on the count of three: start sputtering "liberal!" "Liberal!" LIBERAL!" :lol:

Ummmm, no, I don't need to expand on Lower Westheimer, I was actually agreeing with YOU that lower Westheimer SHOULD be protected from signs like a flashing NEON Arrow showing the way to the business, those are GAWDAWFUL ! I thought that was what you were talking about. The reason I was appauled, for real, was because I was thinking, " A BIG metal Arrow sign ? Where the hell could that possibly fit on lower Westheimer between the sidewalk and street?"

Now, if it was just a small "standard" For Rent sign as you say, I don't think anyone should be strung up for THAT ! Perhaps he didn't know that a "for rent" sign WAS against the law, lawyers don't know EVERY law on the books. Are you saying that we should go lynch all those homeowners in the area that put up cardboard Garage Sale signs on Fridays and Saturdays also ?

As nmain pointed out, apparently the law pertains to "Bandit Signs" those are the type of signs that you see stuck on stakes dotting the sides of a road leading the way to a new development with "homes starting from the 120's". The law also pertains to "Spectacular Signs" like the sign I have been describing for Bigtex, I don't think the ONE "standard" for rent sign that Mr.Berry put in front of his own home, falls in either category. If he had put multiple signs saying "Rental space this way" all along Westheimer, I could see you being in a huff, but it was just ONE sign, correct ? You, Coog and JohnCoby go get your panties out of wad, then come back to the discussion.

For the record, I actually called Mr.Berry's office yesterday after reading the minutes of the council chamber's Tuesday meeting. I was pissed off to see that the City Council had just spent or approved the spending of $225,000 for new DODGE cars and trucks. Mind you, it wasn't the BRAND of vehicle they chose, it was where they chose to buy the vehicles. They are buying them from FREAKIN DALLAS,TX. We have how many DOdge dealers here, and OUR Tax dollars are being spent in other cities instead of the money being put back into our local economy. This is for real folks, I encourage everyone here to call on this also. I figure that is about 10 cars and trucks that I could have gotten a piece of possibly, had they been shopping here. Dallas Dodge dealers can't do anything that Houston Dodge dealers can. So, this is somebody obviously getting a kickback somewhere.

Btw, I forgot Bigtex.....................you giant Liberal you. ;):P:lol:

Archived