The roof on our bungalow is about 9 years old (put in before we bought it) but the other day I noticed what looks like a sagging area. I got up in the attic and didn't see any obvious problem. Perhaps its always been there or maybe its just an optical illusion, but we'd like to have a professional get up there and check things out.

We'd like someone who will be honest and say "yep, here's your problem" or "nope, everything is ok". If there's a charge for checking it out, that's cool, just figure it's better to be safe than sorry.

Any recs?

Thanks in advance!

If you really want an honest answer, I would call George Szontagh (www.housecheck.com) or one of the other Heights-focused home inspectors and pay him $75 or so for an unbiased opinion.

Whatever you do, don't call a roofing company.

IMHO, if it ain't leaking, and it ain't rottin', ain't nothin' to worry 'bout.

Guest Marty

It's no optical illusion i have the same problem you must have thin decking " 1/4 - 1/2" if you ever replace the decking go with 3/4 inch plywood or thicker.

If you really want an honest answer, I would call George Szontagh (www.housecheck.com) or one of the other Heights-focused home inspectors and pay him $75 or so for an unbiased opinion.

Whatever you do, don't call a roofing company.

IMHO, if it ain't leaking, and it ain't rottin', ain't nothin' to worry 'bout.

I definitely agree with cwrm4...George is AWESOME. He did the inspection on our house in Inwood Forest and did a fantastic job and even kept in touch and answered any questions I had. He is a great trustworthy guy.

Thanks for the advice. Our decking is definitely plywood, but not sure the thickness. My guess is the thinner option.

Love the idea of getting a disinterested third party inspector. Never thought about that. I went to the housecheck.com website and it mentioned that inspections start at $350. Is there just an inspection they can do for the roof only? Before I called them, I wanted to make sure I wasn't asking them for something that isn't normally done. ha.

Archived