Flooring Company Recommendations

Hello!! I am new to the Heights and would appreciate any recommendations for a flooring company to replace some old carpet with hardwood.

Thanks and have a great day!

Replace?

Have you looked under the carpets? There is probably some beautiful hardwoods under there already, if the house is an older one. They may just need to be refinished.

PM me if you'd like the name and number of the guy I used. But, he is not a company. Doesn't wear a nice uniform and all that. He looks rough, but he's a good guy who does good work at a fair price. Here's a sample of his work. Scroll to bottom of page.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...=8957&st=75

Edited by RedScare

Replace?

Have you looked under the carpets? There is probably some beautiful hardwoods under there already, if the house is an older one. They may just need to be refinished.

PM me if you'd like the name and number of the guy I used. But, he is not a company. Doesn't wear a nice uniform and all that. He looks rough, but he's a good guy who does good work at a fair price. Here's a sample of his work. Scroll to bottom of page.

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...=8957&st=75

I have looked under the carpet...it is in a room that has been added on to so half the room is the original hardwood but it is not in the nice condition like the rest of the house and the other half of the room is just plywood from the add on. I don't think the original wood can be matched close enough in the room so I think I would have to replace it... :wacko: The pics of yours look great, I would like the contact info...it is going to be hard to match this room with the rest of my house!

I have looked under the carpet...it is in a room that has been added on to so half the room is the original hardwood but it is not in the nice condition like the rest of the house and the other half of the room is just plywood from the add on. I don't think the original wood can be matched close enough in the room so I think I would have to replace it... :wacko: The pics of yours look great, I would like the contact info...it is going to be hard to match this room with the rest of my house!

You'd be amazed. Some of the wood in my pictures is replacement wood acquired from Historic Houston. I will send you a PM on my floor guy and tell him to expect a call.

Good luck.

Hello!! I am new to the Heights and would appreciate any recommendations for a flooring company to replace some old carpet with hardwood.

Thanks and have a great day!

Make sure to specify what type of finish you want(flat, satin or semi-gloss). If you don't they may just make it flat. Also make sure you tell them to not piece together the quarter rounds around the base boards. Make sure they use a polyurethane seal. Ask questions.