Pedestrian Only Street

Guest Plastic

Guest Plastic

For a year or so now I've been talking to you about how Houston needs a grand sqaure. One for events,clubs,mshopping, resteraunts, theaters and more. This city square would be a prime tourist ddestination. Prefferably in the center of Houston or Downtown.

Well on of the perks of a square is that the pedestrians get to walk the streets. Instead of walking on the sidewalk we ought to open a few streets to pedestrians only. Not so unlike Main on weekend nights and that street in New York that's closed to all traffic. I believe Pennsylvania Avenue infront of the Whitehouse is closed to all vehicular traffic. SO why can we do that here in Houston/ Close a streetlike Franklin or Capitol and have lots of attractions down it. At night it could work with Main closing.

But that brings me to another question. The other day I was talking to someone about putting a theater at Tge Galleria. They were mentioning that there's 2 theaters int he Woodlands. I was like what...........2? They were liek yeah. I'm like I know there's one a tthe mall, uhh so where's the other one.

Market Street he said. What is Market St. Is it some new development I don't know about. If so is it a pedestrian only street where only people can walk through? Or is it a shopping complex?

For a year or so now I've been talking to you about how Houston needs a grand sqaure. One for events,clubs,mshopping, resteraunts, theaters and more. This city square would be a prime tourist ddestination. Prefferably in the center of Houston or Downtown.

Well on of the perks of a square is that the pedestrians get to walk the streets. Instead of walking on the sidewalk we ought to open a few streets to pedestrians only. Not so unlike Main on weekend nights and that street in New York that's closed to all traffic. I believe Pennsylvania Avenue infront of the Whitehouse is closed to all vehicular traffic. SO why can we do that here in Houston/ Close a streetlike Franklin or Capitol and have lots of attractions down it. At night it could work with Main closing.

But that brings me to another question. The other day I was talking to someone about putting a theater at Tge Galleria. They were mentioning that there's 2 theaters int he Woodlands. I was like what...........2? They were liek yeah. I'm like I know there's one a tthe mall, uhh so where's the other one.

Market Street he said. What is Market St. Is it some new development I don't know about. If so is it a pedestrian only street where only people can walk through? Or is it a shopping complex?

A street where only people could go? Lions, Tigers and Bears, oh my! People in this forum would go crazy if that was going to happen downtown.

As for Market Street in TW, there is a row of buildings running parallel to one another with a street on the inside front part of them with a park in the middle. So no, there isn't a street for only pedestrians.

Guest Plastic

I saw the website. They're building everything in The WOodlands. WHen did they build this?ALl they'll need is a Marque Entertainment Center and a train route and they're be set.

Archived