***FREE 250MB ZIP disk***

Pumapayam

I need access to someone with a PC and a 250 MB Zip Drive to extract and let me transfer the data to my memory stick.

If you have a PC with a Zip Drive that works and live within 15 miles of the Galleria area, please message me.

Once I copy the infomation over, the Zip Disk is all yours.

Honestly I don't know why anyone would need one now a days.

I bought mine back at Texas A&M in 1998 when flash drives and such were not invented yet. (As far as I know)

0,,2876,00.jpg

Would a kinkos or a library be able to help you out ?

Dunno, never checked, someone at work let me borrow a portable one, but it won't read my disk. It may be that I just don't have any data on it. :lol:

I actually have a second 250 MB disk too, just don't know where yet (lost in some boxes).

Both should have some old lab work/Autocad drawings and such from my Mechanical Engineering days.

I doubt they will be of use too me, but being stored on older storage technology does not help either.

If you have access to college computer labs, you could try the art department. A lot of artists still use ZIPs.

Well, it is the SUPER FLOPPY preferred by Millions. . . millions of artists I guess.

Good god, why? :huh:

In my experience it's because they're artists and not computer people. I know a few professional artists (and by that I mean people who are able to make a living and support themselves and their families through their art alone) and they know virtually nothing about computers. They can tell you all about light and texture and whatever, but show them a DVD+R-DL and they'll look at you like you're from Mars.

It seems like a lot of artists became interested in computers back in the late 90's when they were suddenly really cheap (sometimes free!) and at that time ZIP disks were the best format for moving around large files. Once they learned that, they never looked any further. This also explains why many of them are still hanging on to their old Mac OS9 systems, and never moved into modern machines. What they have, they know. And what they know still works.

It could be worse -- some of the artists I know still use giant (5"? 7"?) floptical disks like this one:

150px-2GB-MO-disk.jpg

Or Bernoulli drives:

180px-Bernoulli230.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
"super floppy" :lol: Reminds me of a time, a long while back, and my boss was asking how she could transfer information from computer to computer... and I told her "All you need is a floppy disk" (replace the "s" with a "c").

That is too funny, I bet he turn red!

Archived