Buffalo Wild Wings

I'm still the rookie to Houston, so could someone give me the back story on why Buffalo Wild Wings is called BW3's?

Thanks,

Glen

Original company name: Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck, thus BW3

I have no idea what weck is, though i understand that it's something closely affiliated with Buffalo. Any Buffalo native or knowledgeable folks out there that can help with this one?

BW3 Website

How Simple. I've been given stories about how the BW3 in the Village used to be something else, and then when it was converted to BW3, it was the third one in the city, so it got that nickname by locals, and eventually all of them were called BW3 for that reason.

K.I.S.S.  :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info Midtown. Any other nifty "only in Houston" tidbits out there?

Glen

I went to Buffalo recently for a law school competition and got to know weck well. It is everywhere up there. It is roast beef on weck (its a type of bread). All I know is I got sicker from eating beef on weck than I have in a long time. Very salty and I can see why it would not fly down here in the south.

Went to the orginal home of Buffalo Wings and was not that impressed.

Weck is a short name for the salty kaiser roll that they serve beef sandwiches on in the Buffalo-Rochester area. The sandwiches are called "Beef on Weck".

If you travel to upstate new york you must try it.

I love beef on weck. I used to have a friend in Buffalo and every time I'd visit him, we'd go out to some joint for beef of weck.

Imaging just the bottom flat part of a kaiser roll. The bottom part of it is encrusted with kosher salt. Then thin slices of roast beef are piled on top, and the whole thing drizzled with roast beef juice. Man that's good.