Back In Business

Hello all,

I just wanted to let you all know that I've finally resumed posting on my blog.

I'm always up for suggestions on improving it. I somewhat try to stay away from the more momentous events that have occurred in local history (ie. opening of the Dome, Texas City explosion) mostly because others have written so much about it. Some exceptions are when I come across tidbits that somehow got lost in the big story.

For now, it will remain advertisement-free.

I'll probably update it at least a couple of times a week.

Thanks!

Edited by gonzo1976

So glad to hear it - you've done a great job with it. I started a very similar blog, as a sort of adjunct to a friend's site, but don't have the time or talent to make it nearly as good. Best of luck to you, and welcome back to town.

Hello all,

I somewhat try to stay away from the more momentous events that have occurred in local history (ie. opening of the Dome, Texas City explosion) mostly because others have written so much about it. Some exceptions are when I come across tidbits that somehow got lost in the big story.

Good to hear you're back up. And that's a good plan you have. I prefer to read about the other non-momentous things anyway - the backpage stuff as it were. That tells you more about life as it was and to me is more interesting.

So glad to hear it - you've done a great job with it. I started a very similar blog, as a sort of adjunct to a friend's site, but don't have the time or talent to make it nearly as good. Best of luck to you, and welcome back to town.

http://losthouston.wordpress.com/ -- is this yours?

is there any way to RSS it? (i have it bookmarked for now)

http://losthouston.wordpress.com/ -- is this yours?

is there any way to RSS it? (i have it bookmarked for now)

That's mine, too, but I think of Lost Houston more as an adjunct to the adjunct blog. Both were created for the Amnesia site. The main one is Houstorian. I just tried to add an RSS feed link to it - but it looks funny, so I may be doing it wrong. Anyhow, the feed is here.

Thanks for the interest - I mentioned it only figuring that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Didn't want to take away from gonzo's good news. Maybe I'll do a topic post on Amnesia and Houstorian in the future, once the group has its non-profit status - which I hope will be soon.

Edited by tmariar

Good to hear you're back up. And that's a good plan you have. I prefer to read about the other non-momentous things anyway - the backpage stuff as it were. That tells you more about life as it was and to me is more interesting.

You're right. And it's stuff like that that gets forgotten over time. I'm sure there have been plenty of plane crashes, trials, homicides, new openings and parades in town that have long been lost to time. Ninety percent of the stuff I post might have made the front page back then, but it wasn't the top news story of the day.

That's mine, too, but I think of Lost Houston more as an adjunct to the adjunct blog. Both were created for the Amnesia site. The main one is Houstorian. I just tried to add an RSS feed link to it - but it looks funny, so I may be doing it wrong. Anyhow, the feed is here.

I just checked out both Web sites; great work! I'll put a link up to it on my blog. I think it's good to know what others are doing. It sort of shows that Houston has an active online community that is interested in local history.

I think it's good to know what others are doing. It sort of shows that Houston has an active online community that is interested in local history.

agreed - i am linking all of them now

kind of like a mini consortium :D

Hadn't connected you to your site until just now, sevfiv, but I've always enjoyed it as well - and have added a link.

I should really start paying closer attention to people's signatures and profiles.

Keep up the good work, both of y'all.

• The title was changed to Back In Business