So Who's Bloggin'?

midtown_resident

So far, only two people from the initial have gotten back to me saying they're still interested in the project. But I suspect it's just because of the holiday. I need the following from each person before they can start:

The name you want to use in blogging.

The password you want to use to access the blog entry tool.

The neighborhood or topic you will cover.

And an image I can use as an icon. Can be a picture of you, or something else. But if it's a building, it would make sense for it to match the neighborhood or area of expertise you're covering.

Note that I'm no longer requiring real names and faces.

I like the blog you have up so far.  Ill be bloggin d-town and midtown regularly. 

I have to say taht i dont agree with the anonymous blogging, it would add alot of credibility if we used our real names (pictures optional).  The forum is good for anon users, but the bloggers should represent truth.

I too like the look/feel of the blog site.

I understand your point re: anon bloggers...however, the reason I wished to remain anonymous leads back to my line of work. I'm in sales - and my client is frequently the City of Houston - I couldn't be clearly objective and critical in an open format unfortunately. I know this takes away from some of the credibility, but it's reality that i face nonetheless...

I'm more closely aligned with midtown_resident. I'm one of those people who is privy to certain information because of my job. Under certain circumstances, blogging could cause trouble for me at my dayjob.

I still encourage as many people as possible to post under their real names. But I don't think I can hold other people to a higher standard than I am using for myself. At least not on this issue.