• 3 weeks later...

This is wild, today while looking at this site a friend at work noticed me looking at this site and saw the Bolton and Barnstone topic and started asking me about it. Turns out he got married in November and one of his family's friends that was in attendance was none other than Preston Bolton. My friend said he is about 75 to 80 years old and had heard he was interested in contempory and mods and offered to design a house for him if he wanted to build one. Small world.

This is wild, today while looking at this site a friend at work noticed me looking at this site and saw the Bolton and Barnstone topic and started asking me about it. Turns out he got married in November and one of his family's friends that was in attendance was none other than Preston Bolton. My friend said he is about 75 to 80 years old and had heard he was interested in contempory and mods and offered to design a house for him if he wanted to build one. Small world.

Wow, that's really cool. I thought he had passed away, but his firm is still active (in Mackie & Kamrath's former offices, no less.) Mr. Bolton needs a web site.

Wow, that's really cool. I thought he had passed away, but his firm is still active (in Mackie & Kamrath's former offices, no less.) Mr. Bolton needs a web site.

If I remember correctly P.M. Bolton lives on Pine Hollow. His house was on the RDA mod tour. And I guess it is worth mentioning that in the original post an unidentified mod which was talked about across the street from 65 Briar Hollow. If you are talking about 63 Briar Hollow (the grey and black mod in the cul-de-sac) it is the Carter house by Wilson, Morris, Crain, and Anderson. It was saved by the Echols family.

Edited by Jersey01

If I remember correctly P.M. Bolton lives on Pine Hollow. His house was on the RDA mod tour. And I guess it is worth mentioning that in the original post an unidentified mod which was talked about across the street from 65 Briar Hollow. If you are talking about 63 Briar Hollow (the grey and black mod in the cul-de-sac) it is the Carter house by Wilson, Morris, Crain, and Anderson. It was saved by the Echols family.

Right. I figured that out about ten minutes after I made the original post. Felt like a doofus. Anyways, turns out Bolton's offices are no longer in the Kamrath building. I went by there today to see about setting up an interview with him or finding a company brochure or anything really.

Pine Hollow! There's another street that ranks among the coolest mod streets in Houston.

Bolton's house was really cool! It had high ceilings and lots of glass with side courtyards and a forest that led down to the bayou. And it had saltillo tile! But it was larger tiles than our house, maybe 12 inch tiles. I didn't meet him, but I met his neighbors that were also on the RDA tour and they were very friendly.

There is a house on Pine Hollow by William Jenkins, but I haven't been inside. Just gotta go knock on the door I guess.

Jason

• 4 years later...

Houston Mod lists the Carter House by Wilson, Morris, Crain and Anderson at 62 Briar Hollow. Houston Arch. Guide lists a 1955 mod at 63 Briar Hollow, by the architectural firm Ford, Colley & Tamminga. There are some nice ones in this small alcove.

Does anyone know anything about the house (address used for GoogleEarth) that sits approximately at 72 Briar Hollow? Looks very similar to the one torn down at 54 Briar Hollow.

Edited by NenaE

• The title was changed to Mansion At 54 Briar Hollow Ln.