Waterhill Co. Townhomes

I think I remember seeing two abandoned shells parallel to Engel Street, but I'm not completely sure. But anyways, do you know if they're planning to tear those down as well?

I talked with one of the neighbors to those townhomes earlier today. The demolished ones are still there in piles of rubble and have been there since Hurricane Ike struck. And the partially-completed ones closer to Engel Street are still standing, still rotting away.

I talked with one of the neighbors to those townhomes earlier today. The demolished ones are still there in piles of rubble and have been there since Hurricane Ike struck. And the partially-completed ones closer to Engel Street are still standing, still rotting away.

Oh ok. That sucks for them having to look at that mess everyday. I hope that it does get cleared up eventually.

Hey Niche, how many completed townhomes are in that complex? I've only seen the complex from Navigation and Engel (from behind the gate) and it's hard to tell.

Oh ok. That sucks for them having to look at that mess everyday. I hope that it does get cleared up eventually.

Hey Niche, how many completed townhomes are in that complex? I've only seen the complex from Navigation and Engel (from behind the gate) and it's hard to tell.

Somewhere about 8 to 10, I think.

there are 5 3-story units and 5 2-story unites completed, however the last unit in the 2-story block is not occupied.

As for the rubble, who knows. HPD and the City of Houston doesn't seem to care about cleaning up anything. I've given up on them and actually sent a pic to Mayor White's office asking for some explanation as to why we haven't been able to get that cleaned up.

there are 5 3-story units and 5 2-story unites completed, however the last unit in the 2-story block is not occupied.

As for the rubble, who knows. HPD and the City of Houston doesn't seem to care about cleaning up anything. I've given up on them and actually sent a pic to Mayor White's office asking for some explanation as to why we haven't been able to get that cleaned up.

Is that one unoccupied unit for sale? Is the listing for it on har.com? Or was it taken down? I just noticed that one of the unoccupied townhomes at the development on Commerce was just put back into har.com's listings this past week. The townhouse was acquired by CitiQuest Properties after Waterhill went bankrupt. I'm not sure if CitiQuest is going to proceed with finishing the empty shell townhomes or not. Here is their website...

http://www.citiquestproperties.com/

I'm not sure if they are acquiring the Waterhill complex on Navigation as well.

Is that one unoccupied unit for sale? Is the listing for it on har.com? Or was it taken down? I just noticed that one of the unoccupied townhomes at the development on Commerce was just put back into har.com's listings this past week. The townhouse was acquired by CitiQuest Properties after Waterhill went bankrupt. I'm not sure if CitiQuest is going to proceed with finishing the empty shell townhomes or not. Here is their website...

http://www.citiquestproperties.com/

I'm not sure if they are acquiring the Waterhill complex on Navigation as well.

I'm not sure if it is listed on har.com. I saw that citiquest had purchased the commerce units, and I hope they do the same for us. I've not been informed who bought our property, but apparently some inverstors have.

I'm not sure if it is listed on har.com. I saw that citiquest had purchased the commerce units, and I hope they do the same for us. I've not been informed who bought our property, but apparently some inverstors have.

Actually I found out today that the partially completed Waterhill units (i.e., the ones with garage doors) were purchased by some company to complete and sell. Then the other remaining Waterhill homes (i.e., the shells) are being purchased by a separate company to complete. Then the remaining empty lots will be sold to Tricon Homes for development.

• 3 weeks later...

I am closing on one of the Tricon units in the Waterhill development at the end of this week. I walked into one of the Waterhill homes to see if the extra living space & rooftop terrace might be worth the extra cash, and shortly thereafter walked back out.

The good news for the community is that Tricon does excellent work. I climbed up into the attic space of my soon-to-be new home and was happy with what I saw in terms of the condition of the wood and the workmanship. If Tricon does indeed have the rights to the rest of the development, we should be in good shape.

The bad news is that there's not much to be done for those Waterhill homes that are being completed by xyz replacement (InTown? I'm not sure, but I know it's not Tricon.) The quality of the interior fitout is passable at best, and the exposed rotting shells make me nervous about what is underneath the finished units. It's a shame because the layout of the units was nice with some great views of downtown...not to mention the rooftop terrace!

The good news for the community is that Tricon does excellent work. I climbed up into the attic space of my soon-to-be new home and was happy with what I saw in terms of the condition of the wood and the workmanship. If Tricon does indeed have the rights to the rest of the development, we should be in good shape.

Tricon does not currently hold rights to the rest of the development. From what I have found out is that all the empty plots are currently held by the banks due to Waterhill's bankruptcy. But considering that Tricon has a very good resume of work in Houston for many years, they are most likely to be offered the empty plots by the bank.

I closed on a Waterhill home in Oct 2005, and in spite of all the LIES from the sales guy, and the run around from the contractor after closing, I think the quality is good. I haven't had any major issues, nor have any of my neighbors that I know of. I seem to think that perhaps I got in at the right time, just before the quality of their workmanship went down. Our little community was the first of theirs in the East End, but after that they kind of threw their houses together willy, nilly. There are alot of HHN homes in the area and from what I've seen, the quality is quite high. Wish they would have been in the area back in 2005, I would have much preferred them, but I got the HomeOwner Bug and didn't want to wait. Lesson learned.

I would imagine so, since they've already torn down one or more that are toward the interior of the development. But I don't have any insider knowledge.

Yeah, no.. nothing has been done by Waterhill on the community on Navigation. That pile of debris is a house that fell during hurricane IKE and it hasn't been cleaned up yet. Waterhill is actually trying to continue they operation under a different name, Silverkey Homes. It's all a family thing.

Does anyone know where all the other communities were located of Waterhill.

I know of the one in the Heights and on Commerce.. I'm trying to figure out how many communities they started building in.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I went into contract on one of the 4 framed townhomes (at Navigation & Engel) in March '08. Over the following month, they worked on the home a total of 1 day. It quickly became very clear that Waterhill would never finish the property.

In June '08, I was told by the Waterhill office manager at 4300 Scottland St., that there would be no problem in having my deposit ($1500) and earnest money ($500) returned to me if I was not happy with how the home was progressing. She assurred me that no one has ever been denied their deposit back from Waterhill. Over the next 2 months, several people at Waterhill promised that my deposit was being "processed".

Soon after, Waterhill was keeping their front doors locked at 4300 Scottland even with the receptionist near the door. Of course, I knew that they were going out of business by that point. Construction had stopped at almost every one of their properties.

To make it even worse, the Waterhill salesman and "designer" were wanting us to pay thousands of dollars worth of upgrades (in advance) when we initially made the offer on the home. Luckily, we didn't pay for any upgrades. Obviously, this was an attempt to swindle even more money from us. They clearly had no intention of finishing the home.

We did get the $500 earnest money back from the bank but, of course, lost the $1,500 deposit. It's amazing to me that these people can live with themselves after stealing from people like this.

The folllowing picture was taken in April of 2008 when the construction was still relatively new.

post-8738-12495205153483_thumb.jpg

post-8738-12495210772934_thumb.jpg

As a subcontractor working on a few of their properties over the years (we don't now), they are BAD news. Pops has bailed out the kids and is now running the show as Silverkey. They have re-contacted some of the trades they have used as subcontractors in the past and have preached that "its a new day and all is well." Not so much and we are not going back in business with them again.

As a subcontractor working on a few of their properties over the years (we don't now), they are BAD news. Pops has bailed out the kids and is now running the show as Silverkey. They have re-contacted some of the trades they have used as subcontractors in the past and have preached that "its a new day and all is well." Not so much and we are not going back in business with them again.

Good to know. I'm sure we HAIFers appreciate your input.

I can visually confirm that they've started work again over on Navigation. It'll be interesting to see whether pops can turn things around, especially in an environment where transitioning neighborhoods aren't as safe a bet as they once were.

I can visually confirm that they've started work again over on Navigation. It'll be interesting to see whether pops can turn things around, especially in an environment where transitioning neighborhoods aren't as safe a bet as they once were.

Hey Niche, is the work you saw at the community on the partially-completed shells or did they start on completely new homes?

why? can you please elaborate, Niche. Just curious.

Archived