Sign in to follow this  
BWSchultz

Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center

They've broken ground... let's give this new development its own topic.

Transwestern broke ground on November 27th for the SCR Town Center, which includes the HEB.

SCR Town Center Breaks Ground

Stores include (with my reactions in paren):

HEB+ (Biggest HEB in Houston and they may not have wine??? FIX THIS!!!)

Academy (eh)

Lupe Tortilla

Is this a real "Town Center" like Sugar Land Town Square and the one in Cinco Ranch? Or is it like Brazos Town Center in Rosenburg where it's just a big shopping center like the Fountains in Stafford?

Is this a real "Town Center" like Sugar Land Town Square and the one in Cinco Ranch? Or is it like Brazos Town Center in Rosenburg where it's just a big shopping center like the Fountains in Stafford?

I think this is smaller (more of a nice strip center) but it sits right between two other town center projects -- Pearland Town Center and Promenade at the Spectrum. Those will both be more in line with what might you consider a "real" town center. They'll both have shops, resturants, hotels and living space above retail.

Hobby Lobby and Academy? Ugh

I know this side of Pearland is in need of a sporting goods store badly, but I'd rather have it been a Sports Authority.

And there could have been many many better tenants than Hobby Lobby.

But this one clearly was going to take a back seat to the developments on the southwest side of 288/518 and 288/8 so I'm okay with it.

Hobby Lobby and Academy? Ugh

I know this side of Pearland is in need of a sporting goods store badly, but I'd rather have it been a Sports Authority.

And there could have been many many better tenants than Hobby Lobby.

But this one clearly was going to take a back seat to the developments on the southwest side of 288/518 and 288/8 so I'm okay with it.

Spot on. This development seems nice but as mentioned, Pearland TC and the Spectrum will be more attractive. This area most needs a bookstore. I believe Pearland TC is getting the Barnes and Noble. I've read that Spectrum will get a "large national chain bookstore." Sounds like Borders to me.

Anyone been to an HEB+ before? I hear they sell everything under the sun. I imagine a Target with a greater percentage of Grocery and some Central Market influence.