just had a late lunch and gotta give the new place on shephard 2 thumbs up! :rolleyes:

I've been meaning to try it. Isn't this place "Asian Fusion" food, which I'm thinking is sort of a yuppie version of Chinese food, which I'm guessing will be a hit with the locals. How much are the entrees?

The demographic boost in that area could help to really transform that unique strip of land between and along the one-ways of Shepherd & Durham into one of Houston's hippest food & drink zones, and all without zoning!

It reminds me of a sole proprietor version of Pei Wei, but that isn't a slam. The decor is nice, the food is good, the service is fine, and there is good parking. The prices are Pei Wei-ish as well.

The proximity to Jax Grill should help their lunchtime crowd.

A sole proprietor COPY of Pei Wei is more like it... with a bar. I agree, the food is actually excellent and the bar area is quite nice, but if PF Chang's ever decided to sue for concept infringement (if there is such a thing) I think they'd have a case.

A sole proprietor COPY of Pei Wei is more like it... with a bar. I agree, the food is actually excellent and the bar area is quite nice, but if PF Chang's ever decided to sue for concept infringement (if there is such a thing) I think they'd have a case.

i kinda doubt it the concept is far from new, or exclusive to pei wei...................

I finally ate there for lunch today, had the vegetable medley with ginger sauce, which I enjoyed but it's probably too subtle/bland for those cruising for a taste bud orgasm.

The high point though was the jasmine tea. So smooth and fragrant. I've drunk tea for awhile but obviously I'd never had the good stuff before. Fresh brewed on the table with such a beautiful jasmine smell and taste.

I finally ate there for lunch today, had the vegetable medley with ginger sauce, which I enjoyed but it's probably too subtle/bland for those cruising for a taste bud orgasm.

The high point though was the jasmine tea. So smooth and fragrant. I've drunk tea for awhile but obviously I'd never had the good stuff before. Fresh brewed on the table with such a beautiful jasmine smell and taste.

..."taste bud orgasm"....or lack thereof has got my interest. I'll have to check it out sometime soon! I'll be sure to order the Jasmine tea too.

Archived