Texas has more Asians than Hawaii now

worldlyman

This coulda gone under "Other Texas Places" but here as well?

Anyway, Texas has 580,000 "pure" (for lack of a better term) Asians compared to about 500,000 in the Aloha State.

Of course, the "hapas" or mixed altogether gives Hawaii a larger number when counted that way...but not really by much.

Texas got a 50% increase, twice as much as Hawaii.

Cool, eh?

The asian immigrants (which of course covers a large group of nationalities) seem to be a proserous and well educated group that only seem to enhance the areas that they populate. That's my limited perspective but I don't believe there are too many of them on public services, crime doesn't seem to increase because of their living in an area nor are there asian neighborhoods that look third-world, as far as I know.

Meaning, we could handle large amounts of them without suffering from the problems that would bring our city down. I welcome them.

I wonder if a Guest Worker program would allow for an equal distribution of nationalities to work here or if it would be tipped towards Latin Americans. I know it's virtually impossible for someone from say China to come here on a visa unless they already have family here.

If by Asian you mean people solely of Chinese Japanese Korean Vietnamese Cambodian etc etc desent, i say bring it on. Mix up the the races. Will bring a fast end to racial BS. My only requirement is a complete dedication to America and the American way of life, which will no doubt happen with those going through proper channels to become US citizens. People coming here legally to be American citizens are not interested in bringing some overly false pride and silliness from thier countries of origin, for if that were the case they wouldnt want to be American, the life at home would be to great to leave it.

This coulda gone under "Other Texas Places" but here as well?

Anyway, Texas has 580,000 "pure" (for lack of a better term) Asians compared to about 500,000 in the Aloha State.

Of course, the "hapas" or mixed altogether gives Hawaii a larger number when counted that way...but not really by much.

Texas got a 50% increase, twice as much as Hawaii.

Cool, eh?

According to 2004 census (US Census Bureau there are 731,519 Asians in Texas Hawaii has 533,031 Asians

Texas also has 228,600 Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islanders More than the 116,043 that Hawaii has!

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48000.html

Damn, San Francisco's metro, and Los Angeles' metro each have a million Asians in them (as long as a million hispanics, blaccs, and of course whites).

Yeah. LA and Sf are very diverse but SF doesn't have a million blacks. Try half of that number and LA's black population is decreasing itself. They're moving to Las Vegas or Texas.

According to 2004 census (US Census Bureau there are 731,519 Asians in Texas Hawaii has 533,031 Asians

Texas also has 228,600 Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islanders More than the 116,043 that Hawaii has!

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48000.html

U mean to tell me that we have more Hawaiians in Texas than in Hawaii itself?! RIZPEKT!!!

Damn, San Francisco's metro, and Los Angeles' metro each have a million Asians in them (as long as a million hispanics, blaccs, and of course whites).

Indeed, LA with its millions and millions more people anyway along with San Fran have been Pacific coast cities with an 80 year head start along with the colorful history of Anti-Miscegnation Laws and "No Dogs, Chinese, Mexicans or Filipinos Allowed" signs on storefronts pointed at Asians and such.

But what Houston (and Texas) had accomplished with the 129% increase of Asians since the post-boom of the early 80s has been nothing short of amazing. And 80% increase from 1990 to 2000 isn't too bad either.

Guest Sebastian De La Ghetto
Population of Japan: 127,463,611

Population of Hawaii: 1,211,537

There are not more Japanese people in Hawaii than Japan.

I was being sarcastic............. :ph34r:

• 3 months later...
The asian immigrants (which of course covers a large group of nationalities) seem to be a proserous and well educated group that only seem to enhance the areas that they populate. That's my limited perspective but I don't believe there are too many of them on public services, crime doesn't seem to increase because of their living in an area nor are there asian neighborhoods that look third-world, as far as I know.

Meaning, we could handle large amounts of them without suffering from the problems that would bring our city down. I welcome them.

I wonder if a Guest Worker program would allow for an equal distribution of nationalities to work here or if it would be tipped towards Latin Americans. I know it's virtually impossible for someone from say China to come here on a visa unless they already have family here.

For the most part is true, but with the recent influx of Asian immigrants over the past few years, i've seen an increase in public assistance. Quite a few are illegal also, but are able to work and keep their secret away from others.

Archived