Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center At 2805 Business Center Dr.

Hi Lacy-

Yes there will be an HEB adjacent to Shadow Creek Ranch. I don't know when it's coming though.

:D YIPEE ... so you know this is a forsure thing? Is so I will stop sending my weekend email to HEB. hehe

Well, I'm pretty sure it will happen unless something weird happens. I live in Silverlake and we have a pretty active message board. A Pearland City Councilman who is a member posted a message late last year that an HEB was was being built adjacent to Shadow Creek but he didn't say when.

Seems like it will be more than HEB - The project name is Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center.

Located at Highway 288 and FM 518 (Broadway). Grocery-anchored with retailers, restaurants and service retail. Designed in an upscale Mediterranean village setting.

Construction already started.

Seems like it will be more than HEB - The project name is Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center.

Located at Highway 288 and FM 518 (Broadway). Grocery-anchored with retailers, restaurants and service retail. Designed in an upscale Mediterranean village setting.

Construction already started.

Yes, the Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center will be on the NW corner of 288/518. They are clearing the land there now. Here is the little information from the SCR website:

SCR Town Center

To the south of the SCR town center is the Pearland Town Center but that construction hasn't started. There is a sign there that says 600,000 sf of mixed retail (although the CBLproperties webpage says 750,000 sf). The Pearland Town Center sign is on the SW corner, adjacent to the faux park and ride. Macy's and Dillard's will anchor the late 2008 opening. TWO AND A HALF YEARS???? COME ON!

Pearland Town Center

There will also be a couple shopping centers along 2234 surrounding Kirby and Reflection Bay. They've poured some concrete up there but I haven't heard any word on which retailers will be there. My guess is there will be either an HEB or a Kroger's there and the other will be near 518 and Kirby in the SCR Town Center.

Edited by BWSchultz

Ok, a few updates on this...

I went to Crosswell Greenwood's site and they have some more details on the plan.

Here is the direct link to the pdf: SCR Village

Remember, this is the planned retail center at the NE corner of Kirby and 2234. They are showing a Walgreens and a Kroger's there. They even changed the little sketch of the buildings to say "KROGER" instead of "GROCERY." Also on their handly little retail map is the proposed HEB at the NW corner of 518 and 288. So there you have it. I don't know how long it will take to build either of these but it appears that they are in progress. Another interesting point, from the two plans, they show Kroger's having 65k sf and HEB having 150k sf.

And lastly, Phase II of Shadow Creek Ranch is shown on the map at the SW corner of 518 and Kingsley. They haven't even cleared the land there yet.

Ok, a few updates on this...

I went to Crosswell Greenwood's site and they have some more details on the plan.

Here is the direct link to the pdf: SCR Village

Remember, this is the planned retail center at the NE corner of Kirby and 2234. They are showing a Walgreens and a Kroger's there. They even changed the little sketch of the buildings to say "KROGER" instead of "GROCERY." Also on their handly little retail map is the proposed HEB at the NW corner of 518 and 288. So there you have it. I don't know how long it will take to build either of these but it appears that they are in progress. Another interesting point, from the two plans, they show Kroger's having 65k sf and HEB having 150k sf.

And lastly, Phase II of Shadow Creek Ranch is shown on the map at the SW corner of 518 and Kingsley. They haven't even cleared the land there yet.

Do you know if SCR Phase II is going to be more residential or shopping centers, etc? This is the first map I've seen that shows anything south of 518 for SCR.

Do you know if SCR Phase II is going to be more residential or shopping centers, etc? This is the first map I've seen that shows anything south of 518 for SCR.

It's all residential. With two lifestyle centers to straddle 518 on the west side of 288, they won't need much more shopping. I don't know who owns all the land in SCR but with the way the homes have sold, it was a no-brainer to expand. I think sales are around 2000 homes a year and expanding. Phase I of SCR was 6800 homes. I think the first home was sold around October 2004 but I'm not sure. I know Perry was the first home to sell in SCR (big surprise). So you can do the math on how fast it is filling up.

I just saw another map that lists SCR as 8000 homes but they have a new section on the west side of 521 but I have never heard about that. I only know about the section bordered by 518 extended, 521, and Kingsley extended. Also, I did see some big trucks over there yesterday so it must be starting.

Edited by BWSchultz

• 1 month later...

The HEB's to be an HEB Plus with over 140,000 square feet.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/4038303.html

Pearland to get major retail center

Extra-large H-E-B will be project's anchor

By DAVID KAPLAN and ABBY TERRELL

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

Pearland is getting a major retail center anchored by a supersized H-E-B, Transwestern Commercial Services announced Monday.

The 600,000-square-foot project, called Shadow Creek Ranch Town Center, is a joint venture of Transwestern Development Co. and WCF Development.

A 142,000-square-foot H-E-B will anchor the town center. Developers are also in talks with a sporting goods retailer, a hobby store, cafes and banks, according to a written statement from Transwestern. Officials from Transwestern and WCF were not available for comment late in the day.

The town center will be in the Spanish eclectic style and feature red tile pitched roofs and asymmetrical facades.

The Pearland H-E-B will be much larger than typical H-E-B stores, which are 78,000 to 90,000 square feet.

"We are so excited to be in Pearland where we have not had a presence," said Scott McClelland, president of H-E-B Houston and Central Market. "It's the corner to be on. It's a regional site that can draw a long way to the north and south."

The larger H-E-B concept is called a "Plus Store," McClelland said. The first Plus Store in the Houston area will open Aug. 2 on Fry Road in the Grand Parkway area.

:D very cool. i read that in yesterdays paper. Its going to be a huge HEB. With the line off 288 trying to get onto 518, every afternoon, I can imagine how busy that center will be.

It would be really nice if they could use some of the massive space for wine, as the article suggests Plus Stores to have. But that's not possible in Brazoria, is it?

It would be really nice if they could use some of the massive space for wine, as the article suggests Plus Stores to have. But that's not possible in Brazoria, is it?

It seems that the alcohol laws vary by city or area within Brazoria. I've noticed that some parts of Brazoria are completely dry, some are damp (think Pearland) and then others sell everything. It would be nice if Pearland would change their ordinances so we can get that wine section. :-)

Here is a list from February 2005. http://www.texassafetynetwork.org/issues/w...p_list/list.php

Does anyone know why parts of Pearland (west side) say they are in a dry country and ask for ID so it can be scanned, but if I go to the east side of Pearland there is no mention of dry county and they only check id for age verification?

It seems that the alcohol laws vary by city or area within Brazoria. I've noticed that some parts of Brazoria are completely dry, some are damp (think Pearland) and then others sell everything. It would be nice if Pearland would change their ordinances so we can get that wine section. :-)

Here is a list from February 2005. http://www.texassafetynetwork.org/issues/w...p_list/list.php

Does anyone know why parts of Pearland (west side) say they are in a dry country and ask for ID so it can be scanned, but if I go to the east side of Pearland there is no mention of dry county and they only check id for age verification?

There is a movement in its very early stages to do something about the ordinances so that we can get get alcohol, at the very least wine, in Pearland. I don't know many details yet but as I find out I'll post.

There is a movement in its very early stages to do something about the ordinances so that we can get get alcohol, at the very least wine, in Pearland. I don't know many details yet but as I find out I'll post.

Yes, please keep us posted. If HEB can't have a substantial wine section, I really have no clue what they'll use all that space for. They'll need a car dealership in there.

I hate having them scan my ID.

• 4 months later...

They've broken ground... let's give this new development its own topic.

Transwestern broke ground on November 27th for the SCR Town Center, which includes the HEB.

SCR Town Center Breaks Ground

Stores include (with my reactions in paren):

HEB+ (Biggest HEB in Houston and they may not have wine??? FIX THIS!!!)

Academy (eh)

Lupe Tortilla

• Like 1

Is this a real "Town Center" like Sugar Land Town Square and the one in Cinco Ranch? Or is it like Brazos Town Center in Rosenburg where it's just a big shopping center like the Fountains in Stafford?

I think this is smaller (more of a nice strip center) but it sits right between two other town center projects -- Pearland Town Center and Promenade at the Spectrum. Those will both be more in line with what might you consider a "real" town center. They'll both have shops, resturants, hotels and living space above retail.

Hobby Lobby and Academy? Ugh

I know this side of Pearland is in need of a sporting goods store badly, but I'd rather have it been a Sports Authority.

And there could have been many many better tenants than Hobby Lobby.

But this one clearly was going to take a back seat to the developments on the southwest side of 288/518 and 288/8 so I'm okay with it.

Hobby Lobby and Academy? Ugh

I know this side of Pearland is in need of a sporting goods store badly, but I'd rather have it been a Sports Authority.

And there could have been many many better tenants than Hobby Lobby.

But this one clearly was going to take a back seat to the developments on the southwest side of 288/518 and 288/8 so I'm okay with it.

Spot on. This development seems nice but as mentioned, Pearland TC and the Spectrum will be more attractive. This area most needs a bookstore. I believe Pearland TC is getting the Barnes and Noble. I've read that Spectrum will get a "large national chain bookstore." Sounds like Borders to me.

Anyone been to an HEB+ before? I hear they sell everything under the sun. I imagine a Target with a greater percentage of Grocery and some Central Market influence.

• 11 months later...

I've been out of town the last several weeks, but I saw the signs for the 518 "Grand Opening" on October 30. I wonder what the delay is. It looks like the road is ready to go. I'm excited about the opening this week. Can't wait to check out the sushi bar and what types of fish they are going to have available in the expanded fish market.

I've been out of town the last several weeks, but I saw the signs for the 518 "Grand Opening" on October 30. I wonder what the delay is. It looks like the road is ready to go. I'm excited about the opening this week. Can't wait to check out the sushi bar and what types of fish they are going to have available in the expanded fish market.

518 is open. It goes to one lane each way a little bit past Kirby.

Pardon my ignorance but could someone tell me where EXACTLY is it and the easiest way to get in/out from 288 South ?

Coming South on 288, pass Beltway 8 and the second exit will be 518 (Probably 1-2 miles south of BW8). Take 518 exit to your right and HEB is right there on Shadow Creek Town Center. Very difficult to miss.