Job Wanted/Construction Supervisor

OBJECTIVE: To work with a respected home builder as a construction supervisor/superintendent or

assistant supervisor/superintendent.

QUALIFICATIONS

Over ten years of time-line production and successful logistics experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills.

EMPLOYMENT

2003-2006 Dispatcher

The way rates are headed up, I see the pace of home construction leveling off, or declining in the next few years. There may be some tough times ahead for you.

OBJECTIVE

To work with a respected home builder as a construction supervisor/superintendent.

QUALIFICATIONS

Over ten years of time-line production and successful logistics experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills.

EDUCATION

1998-2000 Associate Degree of Applied Arts, North Harris Montgomery Community College

EMPLOYMENT

2003-2006 Dispatcher

• 3 weeks later...

I would consider going into a bit more detail on your Applied Arts degree, perhaps highlighting how it is relevant to the job you are applying for. If it is not directly applicable, then move it towards the end to emphasize your work experience which I find to be more relevant. There is no rule stating that education needs to go at the top.

As you probably know, resumes only get about 6 to 10 seconds of review before being separated in a pile for trash or one for longer look. That said, I recommend re-writing your job experience at Madco to include short, concise, bulleted items that stand out. I found myself reading through that part without really taking in what you were trying to say.

Finally, being nitpicky, I might prefer to not include "we" or "I" in your job histories. Third person keeps a level of formality.

Archived