Houston Gets 2 Buildings On Skyscraper Page Poster

Gary

I know Skyscraper page is not a favorite of some here, in fact I rarely visit the site myself, however Houston has two buildings on it's world buildings poster. The poster has a mock skyline with 33 of the worlds top highrises (or so they deemed), eleven of which are from the USA. Houston made it with two of it's towers, the Bank Of America tower and the Wells Fargo tower.

Seattle, Chicago, New York and San Francisco were other cities from the US that made the rendering. If interested check out http://skyscraperpage.com/33worldbuildings/

The skyscraper poster was an idea Dylan stole from the people at the Harbour Centre Tower in Vancouver. They've been selling a poster of the world's tallest skyscrapers for years and years. It's not surprising that he'd filch the idea, though, since he lives in Nanaimo -- just across the straits from Vancouver.

I know Skyscraper page is not a favorite of some here, in fact I rarely visit the site myself, however Houston has two buildings on it's world buildings poster. The poster has a mock skyline with 33 of the worlds top highrises (or so they deemed), eleven of which are from the USA. Houston made it with two of it's towers, the Bank Of America tower and the Wells Fargo tower.

Seattle, Chicago, New York and San Francisco were other cities from the US that made the rendering. If interested check out http://skyscraperpage.com/33worldbuildings/

As you be on that site that there are many posters on the like that and one of those has the JP Morgan Chase Tower shown on there as well. :rolleyes:

Look at the one at the left corner poster where it says SKYSCRAPER PAGE.COM shows the JP Morgan buildings in it.

As you be on that site that there are many posters on the like that and one of those has the JP Morgan Chase Tower shown on there as well. :rolleyes:

Look at the one at the left corner poster where it says SKYSCRAPER PAGE.COM shows the JP Morgan buildings in it.

That "poster" on the left side of the page changes each time someone opens up the page. Generally I see the BOA and Wells Fargo... But I believe the Williams Tower and JP Morgan Chase Tower were in the previous poster they sold.

• 2 weeks later...
The skyscraper poster was an idea Dylan stole from the people at the Harbour Centre Tower in Vancouver. They've been selling a poster of the world's tallest skyscrapers for years and years. It's not surprising that he'd filch the idea, though, since he lives in Nanaimo -- just across the straits from Vancouver.

I want to get one of those, they are cool. didnt know that they were a ripoff though. maybe i find one of the Harbor tower made ones..

a bit off topic but:

I went to a chinese restaraunt and they had nanaimo bars, and i was tryin to figure out how to say that word...

is it Nana-Emo or Naneye-Mo or is it something completely different.

I want to get one of those, they are cool. didnt know that they were a ripoff though. maybe i find one of the Harbor tower made ones..

a bit off topic but:

I went to a chinese restaraunt and they had nanaimo bars, and i was tryin to figure out how to say that word...

is it Nana-Emo or Naneye-Mo or is it something completely different.

I was in Nanaimo for a week and got by pronouncing it "Nah-nay-moe." If I was wrong, the Canadians were too polite to correct me.

• 1 year later...

There's a great deal of misinformation here that needs to be set straight.

SkyscraperPage.com has been selling skyscraper posters since 2002 and the Harbour Centre in Vancouver sells SkyscraperPage.com's posters. They even display an 8-foot tall diagram of the world's tallest buildings, courtesy of SkyscraperPage.com, at the Vancouver Lookout atop the building.

And as far as I'm aware, Dylan does not live in Nanaimo nor has he ever lived in Nanaimo.

• 1 year later...

SkyscraperPage.com has been selling skyscraper posters since 2002 and the Harbour Centre in Vancouver sells SkyscraperPage.com's posters. They even display an 8-foot tall diagram of the world's tallest buildings, courtesy of SkyscraperPage.com, at the Vancouver Lookout atop the building.

And as far as I'm aware, Dylan does not live in Nanaimo nor has he ever lived in Nanaimo.

Whatever you say Dylan. :rolleyes:

I missed this post when it was originally made a year ago, but I'll respond to it anyway.

The posters I saw at Harbour Centre were in 2001. I know the exact date because it was the weekend I got engaged.

As for Nanaimo, the whois information for skyscraperpage.com used to list Dylan as the contact with a residential address in Nanaimo. I just checked and currently the domain is being one of those bogus privacy screens. So as far as I'm concerned the last public information was correct -- owned by Dylan, living in Nanimo.

I don't understand why Skyscraperpage would need to be anonymous, anyway. That seems stupid to me. I wonder what Dylan is hiding.

Maybe he's tired of getting cease-and-desist letters from lawyers for all the copyrighted material posted on his web site.

I missed this post when it was originally made a year ago, but I'll respond to it anyway.

The posters I saw at Harbour Centre were in 2001. I know the exact date because it was the weekend I got engaged.

As for Nanaimo, the whois information for skyscraperpage.com used to list Dylan as the contact with a residential address in Nanaimo. I just checked and currently the domain is being one of those bogus privacy screens. So as far as I'm concerned the last public information was correct -- owned by Dylan, living in Nanimo.

I don't understand why Skyscraperpage would need to be anonymous, anyway. That seems stupid to me. I wonder what Dylan is hiding.

Maybe he's tired of getting cease-and-desist letters from lawyers for all the copyrighted material posted on his web site.

Good ole SSP. I was kicked off of the site b/c I guess most of the editors HATE Houston. No matter what we tell them about the city's improvements, they still shoot us down. I'm still there, but under the screenname urbanactivistTX.

Good ole SSP. I was kicked off of the site b/c I guess most of the editors HATE Houston. No matter what we tell them about the city's improvements, they still shoot us down. I'm still there, but under the screenname urbanactivistTX.

Dare I say, not for long.

SSP was always too much bickering and not enough moderation.

The debates on here are night and day compared to the nonsense on SSP.

If there was a new world 33 would houston still have a spot on there? From all the growth in the middle east to asia, here in america, and places in Europe there are alot of towers that are being built not just for height but to be seen. Like China's CCTV headquarters. Not sure how safe it is but it is a sight to see.

A little of topic but the middle east is really just asia right?

I kind of knew, but didn't. Your posts as urbanactivistTX are a lot different than totheskies. I couldn't tell at first.

I kind of knew, but didn't. Your posts as urbanactivistTX are a lot different than totheskies. I couldn't tell at first.

Yeah, I got a digital camera when I came back, so that helped :D I really like the SSP site, and it seems like the a-holes are being less so. But I just don't get why they can't have an appreciation for all styles of urbanity. Houston may not be for everybody, but there's a lot of people in the world that love this city and other places in Texas (especially when the US economy goes downhill).

Archived