Houston Life Sciences & Biotechnology News & Updates

Highrise Tower

With the BioTech explosion happening in Houston right now I figured I would create a thread for the random updates with the latest news and happenings in the industry.

I believe a year ago we were listed around the 7th emerging BioTech cluster.  Last month I read a report that said we are the 2nd largest emerging cluster.  Now, since the TMC BioPart development was made public, I wonder if that 500-acres and 100,000 jobs make us the largest emerging BioTech cluster.  Looking forward to the future market reports.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Houston Bio Technology News & Updates
  • 6 months later...

Salarius Pharmaceuticals cuts half of workforce despite positive clinical developments

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/inno/stories/news/2023/08/10/salarius-pharmaceuticals-cuts-workforce.html

Houston-based Salarius Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: SLRX) said Aug. 9 that it will cut half of its workforce despite receiving positive clinical responses from the Food and Drug Administration.

Salarius also said it had brought on financial services company Canaccord Genuity LLC to explore options including, but not limited to, an acquisition, merger, reverse merger, divestiture of assets, licensing or other strategic transactions. There is no current timetable on when the company would engage in any transactions.

• 2 months later...

I voted for Proposition 10 today. If this passes, will it save TMC BioPort? Let's go!!

https://www.tmc.edu/ecosystem/proposition-10/

This bill will increase private investments in Texas, provide faster access to life-saving trials and solutions, strengthen Texas’ medical supply chain and decrease reliance on foreign countries, support job growth and generate high-paying jobs, and make Texas more competitive in the medical manufacturing of medical and biomedical devices, drug therapies, PPE, and other critical health care solutions.

• Like 1

TMC Helix Park and Levit Green both have totally different feels to them.  I wonder if that's because TMCHP is more developed where as Levit Green is a single building and landscaped?

While Levit Green is a larger campus, TMC3 feels more thought-out and designed. McKeon this week said TMC3 took 10 years to finalize, and I believe Levit Green is only a few years old.

Wish Levit Green would get more popular and quickly expand. Prime real estate! Even the Levit Green Blvd street sign has Texas Medical Center written on it.  Let's go!!

Edit: Levit Green master plan, at dark.  Thought I would post this since we all know what TMC3 looks like. Once LG gets at full-build out it will also feel like TMC3, a small city.

Y3fCG0e.jpg

8tmKuUB.png

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Houston Life Sciences & Biotechnology News & Updates

Panel of Experts: The Future of Life Sciences
Monday, November 13
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/panel-of-experts-the-future-of-life-sciences-tickets-726376310097?aff=

We invite the public to join us as we kick off our first Panel of Experts discussion on November 13th from 8 - 10 a.m., which will be moderated by the Houston Business Journal's very own Bob Charlet, Market President and Publisher. His expertise in the field will ensure an engaging and informative conversation.

The goal of our panel discussion is to create a platform where prominent representatives from the Founding Institutions can share their perspectives on the impact of innovative space utilization. The following experts will partake in the panel discussion: Giuseppe N. Colasurdo, M.D. President and Alkek-Williams Distinguished Chair - UTHealth Houston; Peter Pisters, M.D. President - The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center; and Kenneth Ramos, M.D, PH.D. Executive Director Institute of Biosciences and Technology and Assistant Vice Chancellor for Health Services at the Texas A&M University System - Texas A&M University System. The panel will be 45 minutes with 10-15 minutes of Q&A. The public will have the opportunity to engage with the panelists during the Q&A session.

There will also be food and beverages to enjoy while networking and engaging with the panelists. The overall arching objective is to create community engagement, spread awareness about Helix Park, and further spread the word about what our new campus offers and its impact on the future of healthcare and the public.

Please park in the TMC3 Collaborative Building garage and grab a parking pass that will be validated, then proceed to the elevators that will bring you up to the first floor.

The panel will be held in Helix Hall at TMC Helix Park at 1885 Old Spanish Trail, Houston, TX 77030.

hm9ctwn.jpg