Hotel Ambassador At 4225 North Fwy.

p00tert3ch

Hello all,

I just wanted to make a post about the building located at 4225 North Freeway. There has been a lot of activity on the site recently, and it appears as if they may be getting it ready to be demolished.  

The sign on the property has the name " Hotel Ambassador" on it. I assume that was the name the property was operating under before it closed. From what I have found online, it was once a Howard Johnson's. 

The property has been abandoned for at least the last 2 years or so. Before that, I believe a family lived in the hotel- possibly the owners. It has only recently started be actively vandalized in the last few months. This is due to the security guard no longer being present. Once security was gone, it did not take long for most of the glass to be spray painted or broken, and a lot of the ply wood to be ripped from the entry ways. 

Now, its seems as if a crew has moved in to clear the property, I am assuming to demolish the building. They have done this with at least one other building in the area, 3939 North Freeway. If anyone has any more information, I would be very curious. I have seen this building for years, never as an active hotel though. I thought I may have found that some people in the past had planned to remodel the whole property, but I cant find any of that information again. I would truly like to know what its fate will be. 

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Work Being Done At 4225 North Fwy.
  • The title was changed to Hotel Ambassador At 4225 North Fwy.