Texas Medical Center Parking Garage 8 At 2151 W. Holcombe Blvd.

Another unusual Transwestern listing. Transwestern is listing this as a 4-story office at 2151-2157 Holcombe Blvd. I couldn't locate that building on Google maps. I did notice 2151 Holcombe Blvd is the Texas Medical Center Parking Garage 8.

https://transwestern.com/property/2151-2157-holcombe-blvd

https://www.tmc.edu/parking/visitor-parking/

Wyatt C. Hedrick (often misspelled as Wyatt C. Hendrick)

• Like 1

• The title was changed to TMC Garage 8 At 2151 W. Holcombe Blvd.
  • The title was changed to Texas Medical Center Parking Garage 8 At 2151 W. Holcombe Blvd.
  • 2 weeks later...

I see the posts about the TMC garages and really have to wonder what's going on with this one.  I did a check on streetview and confirmed the scaffolding around it has been there for at least 4 years.  Is this because of a safety concern?  Seems pretty bizarre...

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 4:46 PM, OkieEric said:

I see the posts about the TMC garages and really have to wonder what's going on with this one.  I did a check on streetview and confirmed the scaffolding around it has been there for at least 4 years.  Is this because of a safety concern?  Seems pretty bizarre...

Information dated January 11, 2022.

Texas Medical Center is currently evaluating the future operation of Garage 8, including the possible requirement of capital expenditures of taking Garage 8 out of service. If Garage 8 is taken out of service, Texas Medical Center expects any displaced parkers to be absorbed through other parking facilities within the TMC Campuses.  As of the date of this Official Statement, Garage 8 is in service and is expected to remain in service through 2022.