Two Huge Parties On The Same Weekend. One In Galveston, One In Houston.

I don't know if this was planned, but the thousands of visitors that will be visiting Houston for the NBA All Star Game may be able to see Galveston in all of its glory on the same weekend, or if they stay over a week, on the final weekend of Mardi Gras. What a weekend Fevraury 17-19th will be.

You know the question people are going to ask you, so can you please answer my invisible question Jones?

Are you kidding, aside from the obvious troubles our Mardi Gras has had in the past, add another 25,000 to 30,000 people or so to the mix. That will no doubt say off comments in a drunken stupor like, "y'all don't know how to do no Mardi Gras !" "We are from Nawlins, we invented Mardi Gras !" and the melees will ensue. I guarantee no less than 5 shootings this year, but it probably won't get reported. My friend almost lost complete use of his hand from some jerk that cut him with a knife while trying to grab beads for cryin out loud. I have not been back since, and that was 1995. Good Luck with that whole Mardi Gras thing. I think it will be a bad year, although, I pray that I am wrong. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

Are you kidding, aside from the obvious troubles our Mardi Gras has had in the past, add another 25,000 to 30,000 people or so to the mix. That will no doubt say off comments in a drunken stupor like, "y'all don't know how to do no Mardi Gras !" "We are from Nawlins, we invented Mardi Gras !" and the melees will ensue. I guarantee no less than 5 shootings this year, but it probably won't get reported. My friend almost lost complete use of his hand from some jerk that cut him with a knife while trying to grab beads for cryin out loud. I have not been back since, and that was 1995. Good Luck with that whole Mardi Gras thing. I think it will be a bad year, although, I pray that I am wrong. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

well i've been to mardi gras multiple weekends for the last two years, and had no issues. i know stuff goes down, but its worth the risk to me to have some crazy fun. and if you try to avoid confrontation, you lessen your chances of getting into trouble.

and i'll be at Main street too, wouldn't miss it.

Archived