Job Hunt.....?

Hey all, I figure I'll take a dip into this.

Things have slowed down considerably after the allstar break and the kids going back to school. So I need to look into getting into some additional funds. a good portion of my "resume'" can be seen on my website Your Houston Concierge So any hints or leads would be greatly appreciated.

B)

Ricco

Ricco...

I'm intrigued by your service offering. It seems like a service that would be of high value, especially to the time-starved 30-something executive working in Houston...of which there are many. Perhaps a marketing blitz of some sort...consulting the HR divisions of large companies in Houston might avail an opportunity to include literature about your service offering in their welcome packages.

Perhaps you've already done this...but if you haven't, it might be a good start...

I'm thinking of the number of single people that have the typical dilema of "i wish i had someone to open my townhouse door this afternoon and wait for the phone guy...or cable guy....etc."

Good luck!

Maybe in addition to tapping the HR groups for large companies, you may want to work with local realtors to help people who are relocating to the area - or even just moving across town!

One thing that you might want to do if you haven't or might want to emphasize it more in your marketing would be to get bonded - or insured. For instance, my husband is looking to relocate to the Houston area next year - chances are with a big company. So, let's say we would get your info thru the HR dept or even thru our realtor - we read it and see immediately that your help would be instrumental (oh - and trust me...it would be!) in making our move smoother - but - why should we trust you to oversee our stuff being moved in or even trust you to be in our home while we are not there to see that all the utilities are turned on. I saw that aspect advertised with a local moving company a while back and it caught my eye so I just thought I would pass that on!

good luck!

Good posts by all, btw.

When I initially started my business, I was unemployed and did work for friends and what not as "favors" while I did my job hunt. Well, going to the various places was costing me gas money and asked for it. After a few weeks, I simply took it a step further and the word of mouth was started.

Never needed to advertise because I had a steady clientel whom would call or would be refered to by previous clients.

I DID look into advertising on the radio, but I didn't think how cost effective it was considering the amount of cash they were asking and I WAS going for specific demographics.

In regards to my "after hours" is that I learned that it's a critical time period from 5-7.

after 4pm, it usually the last minute "Hey I need this now!"

As we have all discussed around here, getting there "NOW" is rather difficult during that time of day.

I need this "NOW" at 2pm is different from "NOW" at 5pm. Believe me, I know. There is also the fact that I ask for appointments so, when THOSE time periods ARE booked it's like a circus. :P

In to the HR people, I've done that initially, but I need to land a BIG client (V.P. and above) for an HR person to take me seriously, and I had enough business where I didn't really worry about that.

Ricco

Archived