Dallas Construction Boom

Rosewood

dallasuptown7wj.jpg

Check out all these current construction projects in the fabulous and glamorous UPTOWN area. And this doesn't include the 7 skyscrapers in the ARTS DISTRICT, 2 skyscrapers on the other side of downtown in the FARMER'S MARKET DISTRICT and the 10 Skyscrapers being built or converted into luxury Loft, Condo and Apartment projects in the CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT, or the new explosion of skyscraper developments being planned around the new TRINTY RIVER transformation. The Opera House by Foster & Partners, The Dallas Theatre Center by OMA, and did I forget to mention those THREE fabulous Santiago Caltrava bridges! Boom boom boom!

Dallas can once agian proclaim the CRANE as the city's offical bird!

Can any city in Texas match this vibrant forward thinking expansion? Style, class, glamour and sophistication. Dallas is the Crown Jewel of Texas and is officially "the" international hot spot for the next few years.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/pul...dy/99c73a7d.jpg

Could you tell us more about the projects? For example I have not heard anything about that 70 story one on the left.

That one is the newly announced multi-use tower at Victory Place that will have office portion topped by the ultra luxe Mandarin Oriental Hotel topped once again by Service Apartments by Mandarin Oriental topped even one more time buy Luxury Condominums and Penthouses. Modeled after the super successful Time/AOL Center in NYC.

I have seen two proposals, the first is a single building with twin towers on top with only 46 floor and a later one with the whole project incorporated in the single taller tower. The design is not "official" at the moment.

Don Hicks, Ross Perot, Mandarin Oriental, and some U.A.E. Prince, of course, are all footing the sizable bill for this sure to be spectacular project. They have recently installed construction walls around the site and pulled in construction trailers to the area which makes me think they are much further along than the public announcements allow. Very exciting. I love spending $1400.00 a night for a hotel room, don't you?

So, this is a collection of maybes? Yawn. Wake me up when they start turning dirt. I can make my own fantasies, thank you.

And most of them don't involve 70 story buildings. ;)

So,how soon we lookin at here for this "forward thinking", 2085, 2086 ?

All of these building have broken ground, or will break ground PRIOR to 2006. Most have sold more than 80% of the residential stock as I type. Yawn...indeed. Your trecherous jealosy is exceptionally boring, isn't it. The dirt is a flying and the cranes are a rising.

Mr. Rosewood-

Since you seem to be in tune with what's going on in Dallas, I'm curious, do you happen to know how many evacuees fled to the Dallas area over the last few days?

We heard one very sad story on the local news here that a busload of evacuees from the Houston area was turned away when it reached the Dallas area and told that "Dallas was full", and then they had to get back on the bus and head to the Lufkin or Livingston area, which is tiny, instead. I hope this isn't true...

I'd love to visit dallasmetropolis. It used to be my favorite site until it went into a state of never ending never progressing website change which is very MAC unfriendly! And that is pretty hard to do. Anyway the site is a bunch of layered gobblygook to Mac users.

Mr. Rosewood-

Since you seem to be in tune with what's going on in Dallas, I'm curious, do you happen to know how many evacuees fled to the Dallas area over the last few days?

We heard one very sad story on the local news here that a busload of evacuees from the Houston area was turned away when it reached the Dallas area and told that "Dallas was full", and then they had to get back on the bus and head to the Lufkin or Livingston area, which is tiny, instead. I hope this isn't true...

Only bus that didn't make it was the one that blew up. We had just moved all the thousands of Katrina refugees into apartments so all our stadiums and convention center were up and running empty waiting for Rita folks. All of our huge hotel stock was consumed for as far as the eye could see. So if you were staying at hotels with out a reservation, you probably had to move on. There were shelters for all and if you had friends and family, there was no turning away. Most are heading back now anyway.

Good weekend for the Texas hospitality sector!

heh, this may be fake. The 70 story mandarin looks like something going up in Seoul, and 2000 McKinney is just a pic of Espirito Santo Plaza in Miami.

Dallas IS booming, though.

The tragic bus that blew up from Brighton Gardens nursing home is not the story to which I was referring. I'll check it out further and get back with more details. Thanks, anyway, and good luck to you. Dallas is lucky to have such optimistic boosters for their city.

heh, this may be fake. The 70 story mandarin looks like something going up in Seoul, and 2000 McKinney is just a pic of Espirito Santo Plaza in Miami.

Dallas IS booming, though.

Very observant Ubernerd. They were the only images not yet available so I sampled similar projects by the lead architect of both developments KPF. They tend to regurgitate the design city by city.

Only bus that didn't make it was the one that blew up. We had just moved all the thousands of Katrina refugees into apartments so all our stadiums and convention center were up and running empty waiting for Rita folks. All of our huge hotel stock was consumed for as far as the eye could see. So if you were staying at hotels with out a reservation, you probably had to move on. There were shelters for all and if you had friends and family, there was no turning away. Most are heading back now anyway.

Good weekend for the Texas hospitality sector!

by the way...Ms. Rosewood.

I apologize.. this information is, for practical purposes, entirely incorrect.

Some of us @ Dallasmetropolis believe that Rosewood is CDAllen, a member that left for reasons more complicated than MAC incompatibility, which I believe is false, anyway.

The mandarin, we believe, will be going where he placed "Victory Tower." No official announcement has been made though, and there are certainly no construction trailers.

Stark is spelled 'Starck'

The Azure is 30 stories

and it's St. Anne's Court, not St. Anna.

Also, Ice Tower has never been announced, though caddy-corner the Azure, Harwood does speculatively place 'Glacier Tower' on the map as a future project..

Victory Center is never going to happen, they're putting in low-rise buildings to flank the arena. These are already under construction.

Victory Place I & II, though a few typical office components have been proposed are not that tall.. I don't remember the height, but certainly not 54 or 70 stories.. more like 20-30 stories.

The Starck certainly has an odd outline.

I haven't heard much about Maple Terrace or International Center V. These may be speculative projects, but they certainly are not under construction.

Things missing.. Lincoln Tower.. and some new project (maybe getting an announcment today, Tuesday is typically announcement day?) along McKinney.. residential.. though I don't remember details.. Something's about asking the city to change the 249' height max.

Another recent buzz, though not technically 'Uptown' is a 40-something res. tower on the old Lone Star site in the Arts District.

I apologize.. this information is, for practical purposes, entirely incorrect.

Some of us @ Dallasmetropolis believe that Rosewood is CDAllen, a member that left for reasons more complicated than MAC incompatibility, which I believe is false, anyway.

Yes, you should apologize and your post IS entirely incorrect.

And FYI here are my SCREEN SHOTS of DALLAS METROPOLIS website on my MAC. This alone should prove what a lier you really are and show the rest of the community what a hack and liberal hate monger you really are. Everything else on your post becomes suspect by fiat.

Unlike you, I don't cull my information from "the media". I socialize with the developers on owners of these properties. Lunch, bridge, Church, charities, concerts and dinner parties are all a part of my DAILY interaction with these movers and shakers of Dallas' skyline.

Unlike you, I own and use the latest in Apple's computer technology, unarguably the best designed computer products and platform in the world. What ever PC hack Dallas Metropolis hired to create their site doesn't know what the hell he is doing!

As for your wildly incorrect - just like the wild inaccuracies of the rest of your post - that I am this so called CD Allen...who ever, what ever...you are once again wrong wrong wrong! I haven't been on the dallasmetropolis site since it was called prairie city or something like that. Years ago! When they hired the loser to redo this site it has never progressed or functioned for me to even view it - for years!

Why don't you save your hate mongering ways for the "gay&lesbian forums" or the "moveon.com support the terrorists" sites you frequent.

THESE ARE THE SCREEN SHOTS ON MY LATEST MODEL APPLE 17" POWERBOOK with the LATEST software installed. You are a jerk and the moderators should demand that you stop FLAMING people just because your a radical left wing liberal! People like your make sure the Houston Architecture site remains a nasty "I hate Dallas and any one who talks about Dallas" site.

As for my spelling, when they put a spell check on here I'll start worrying about it. You need to change your moniker to DUMBGUY8800. Ha!

Progressing from splash on tab I then to tab II then to tab III. Absolutely stunning website design. And notice version 8.0 and 9.0 are on the way! Laughable.

dmi4qb.png

dmii8mt.png

dmiii4nv.png :P

I apologize for your Apple troubles, but that isn't the forum page, that is the home page. What seems to be happening is a standards-compatability issue with Safari (i presume that's your browser).. probably something to do with the .opacity property.. in mozilla, it only works with -moz-opacity, and internet explorer requires filer:alpha(opacity=xx) tag.. and -moz-opacity and the ie filter are quirks within IE and Mozilla to facilitate the pages that use them.. the opacity: tag is supposed to be implemented in the next version of CSS which I believe is three. Safari, to my knowledge, does not carry with it a quirk to facilitate opacity, and since CSS 3 hasn't been *released* yet, I don't think it uses it to display pages.

But that's definitely a topic for another forum.

One major problem with all your information is the inaccuracies to buildings already under construction.. ones that we've seen plans for. One example is the Azure, which has units up to a 30th floor.. and a 30th floor does not exist in a 22 story building. You're also missing buildings and you placed a prospective skyscraper on top of Victory Plaza.. a place where we can already see construction taking place for the buildings we *know* will be placed there.

If you can provide some kind of credible information source other than your own word, I'll believe you.. but most of us are under the impression that you are horribly misguided.

Not to take a personal stab, but the word 'fiat' means an order. So, I don't exactly know why you were using the word in that context. If you were cdallen, it would probably be an attempt to look rich and cultured.

Ohh well.

2 things, Mr. drumguy, are you from Dallas also ? And, it looks to me like her real name may be Marie Gabrielle, looking at those horribly copied pages, looks all garbled, was that on purpose ?

Wait, i get it now, that is your "holy grail of a computer" acting up. Got it, moving on. :mellow:

Archived