Sterling Ridge Village Center Developments

KatieDidIt

I ate at Nit Noi Cafe on W. Grey last night.  I have to say that there are better Thai resturants out there.  In fact Bangkok Place on Westhiemer near Montrose kicks major butt.    I will say that I did enjoy my dinner last night.  Enjoy !!!

I would agree that its not the best Thai, but up here you have to take anything you can get. Otherwise you are subjected to Macaroni Grill type food. BLECH! We never seem to go out up here, just stay in and cook. Other than Perry's Steak House, we go into town for any evening out.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I've been many times now, with friends and family, and everyone has just loved it! I like the decor, the ambience, the atmosphere, but most of all, the fantastic food. They're very inventive with their menu items, and I think the sangria is wonderful. Give it another try, won't you? :)

Buchanon, we did try it. $7-9.00 tapis is a little steep. But in our experience we ordered two, then waited for 30 minutes before my husband was served his entree. 45 minutes later my entree arrived.  <_<  They comped the meal and all, but um errr.........45 minutes between his meal served and mine?

The food was fair. The atmosphere fun. The service horrible. I give it about 2 years before it folds.

Ouch, sounds like you were at Ponzo's Pizza in Midtown. I have eaten at Mi Luna in the Village on a number of occasions and have enjoyed it. The service is hit or miss. I have had excellent service and the ghost waiter before. The food is a bit pricey for the amount of food you get.

I had no idea there was more than one in the Houston area.

Nit Noi should be a good fit up there. I have been on a total Thai kicks. In fact I made my own red curry steamed chicken dish last night. It was pretty tasty, but I had also had about 12 beers from the Astros game was could enjoyed eating straw !!

Originally Market Street had been trying to woo NitNoi Thai into going in there, but I guess that it didn't work out. Any one know anything about the new Woodlands Crossing Shopping Center across the street? Tenants?

Originally Market Street had been trying to woo NitNoi Thai into going in there, but I guess that it didn't work out. Any one know anything about the new Woodlands Crossing Shopping Center across the street? Tenants?

I think Market Street is turing into one big Chaingrala. This place is in DESPERATE need of a nice Italian Bistro-individually owned and family friendly. Like a Palazzos or a Collinas. But I guess the rent and taxes impossed by WDC are outrageous.

Also, we tried to get delivery of SOMETHING, ANYTHING the other night other than pizza. <crickets chirpinging>

My hope is that with the 2978 opening something original will open.....other than the Woodlands Original Walmart...... Rancheros is there and its the best Mexican up here.

• 2 months later...

my sister loves rancheros. i haven't tried it yet.

btw, has nit noi opened yet? a coworker mentioned that they might be opening soon.

also, had a birthday dinner at cheesecake factory thursday night. the thai lettuce wraps (is that even a thai concept?) were delicious. it came with three sauces; peanut, ginger and a mint/cilantro. there were thinly sliced cucumbers, bean sprouts, carrots, noodles and a small amount of chicken. the options were so varied that one would have to order it again and again to utilize all the ingredients.

my sister loves rancheros. i haven't tried it yet.

btw, has nit noi opened yet? a coworker mentioned that they might be opening soon.

also, had a birthday dinner at cheesecake factory thursday night. the thai lettuce wraps (is that even a thai concept?) were delicious. it came with three sauces; peanut, ginger and a mint/cilantro. there were thinly sliced cucumbers, bean sprouts, carrots, noodles and a small amount of chicken. the options were so varied that one would have to order it again and again to utilize all the ingredients.

As of last weekend the Nit Noi in The Woodlands had not opened. I keep watching because the Nit Noi on 1960 is a nice restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Sterling Ridge Village Center Developments

Archived