New Dallas Developments

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Holy.crap! I thought this project was a dud. Let's hope we see the crane up on this one. This will be the tallest thing constructed since the Museum Tower.B)

Edited by JasnoDTX

Can little apartments fit urban Big D lifestyle? Historic hotel hopes so
Steve Brown
June 30, 2016

ambassadorhotel.jpg

The Ambassador opened in 1905 as the Majestic Hotel, and was touted as the city's "first suburban luxury hotel."

The 111-year-old Ambassador Hotel just south of downtown Dallas was bought last year by a partnership headed by local real estate developer and investor Jim Lake Jr.

Lake plans to convert the one-time luxury hotel overlooking the downtown skyline into about 100 apartments that range from 340 to 650 square feet in size. The average will be less than 500 square feet.

The average new apartment being constructed in North Texas runs about 965 square feet, according to the latest numbers from analyst MPF Research.

And those new apartments have an average citywide rent of almost $1,450 a month.

Lake said his apartments in the Ambassador Hotel will start at less than $1,000.

"It's a more affordable product than what you see in Uptown," said architect David Farrell, who is working with Lake to redo the six-story hotel building.

Most of the apartments will fit inside the building's original hotel rooms, with a few expansions for kitchens.

Lake said part of the ground floor of the Ambassador -- where many of the original lobby features survive -- will be used for restaurant, retail and event space.

He's looking at a rooftop deck and a swimming pool on the ground floor.

Full Article

• Like 2

The Union retail update:

Sam Fox (the brains behind True Food Kitchen) will open The Henry's first location outside of Phoenix. 

The 10k SF restaurant will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, and feature a coffee bar open at 6:30am daily.

Read the article here.

New renderings for The McKenzie, via its website:

McKenzie_entry_v5-Copy-3.jpg

McKenzie_MotorCourt_v4-Copy-1.jpg

The_Mckenzie_2.jpg

One Uptown, via CTroyMathis:

54b0c54014bb6d033ad127ee5acfaf38.jpg

1900 Pearl, via Maconahey:

20160701_171408.jpg

Katy Station, via Maconahey:

20160701_170501.jpg

20160701_170532.jpg

• Like 3

Exclusive: Goff, Crescent Real Estate buy luxury Uptown hotel; $30M in upgrades planned
Candace Carlisle
July 5, 2016

4SubY2HXiPLQxwbog2MUnUxXaj0qkkDGr4ExyuQe

Billionaire John Goff and Fort Worth-based Crescent Real Estate LLC has closed on one of Dallas' ultra-luxurious hotels in Uptown, with plans to spend $30 million in upgrades.

The real estate magnate and Crescent acquired the Rosewood Crescent hotel through a recently established invitation-only real estate fund, called GP Invitation Fund I, with an investment capacity of $4 billion.

"Hotel Crescent Court is a timeless and iconic asset in the best location in Dallas," said Goff in a written statement. "I believe this is a very unique opportunity — one of which I have a personal passion."

This is a return home for Goff, a longtime Uptown developer that was previously an owner of the hotel in the early 1990s. As part of the ownership group's return, the new ownership group plans to return the hotel to its historic name, Hotel Crescent Court.

Hotel Crescent Court anchors The Crescent, an 11-acre mixed-use development in Uptown that is in the midst of its own $33 million transformation.

The development includes the 220-room hotel (29 of which are suites), Nobu restaurant and a 22,000-square-foot space. Hotel Crescent Court also include The Crescent Club.

The $30 million in upgrades is planned to include renovations to guest rooms, meeting and banquet spaces, the spa and to improve the hotel's customer service. Dallas-based waldrop+nichols studio is the project's interior designer.

Upon completion, Goff said the Hotel Crescent Court will offer the amenities of a newly built hotel with the classic design associated with the Texas landmark.

Full Article

• Like 1

2000 Ross Avenue / Trammell Crow Center renovation update:
* Renderings were originally found and posted by myself on another forum

City-block project on Ross Avenue on track to get underway soon in downtown Dallas
Candace Carlisle
July 7, 2016

c4-Final.jpg

A city-block development project meant to transform downtown Dallas' Ross Avenue adjacent to Trammell Crow Center is on track to get underway by early 2017, with plans to unveil the design of an upscale boutique hotel, ground-floor retail and an apartment tower this fall.

Stream Realty is the master developer of the project on behalf of the ownership group 2000 Ross Avenue LP out of New York, which is a fund advised by JP Morgan Chase.

By developing 32,000 square feet of new space for restaurants and retailers, March said there's an opportunity to transform the Ross Avenue corridor. Plans for the ground-up development includes a 200-key upscale boutique hotel and a 350-unit apartment tower with each tower sitting on a podium of 2,600-stall parking garage and the retail space.

The hotel developer and residential developer have yet to be named, with an official announcement slated for this fall. HOK is the architect designing the ground-up project on the 2.6-acre tract.

The new mixed-use development is in the design process and is being dual-tracked with the renovations at Trammell Crow Center, a 1.2-million-square-foot office tower. Upon completion, Trammell Crow Center will have 10,000 square feet of added retail space to the ground floor of the building.

"This will be a real comprehensive renovation of Trammell Crow Center, which has never been altered in a meaningful way since its original design in the 1980s," March told me.

"We want to do something there and expect it to be a dramatic design intervention."

Construction on the dual-tracked projects — the tower renovation and ground-up development — is expected to begin in early 2017.

Dallas-based Retail Street Advisors' Aaron Stephenson and John Giesler have already begun marketing the retail space to potential tenants.

Full Article

• Like 5

Via CTroyMathis:

PWC office tower @ Park District

0d0862fc7e21d21e077434ffa5edf4d3.jpg

1900 Pearl

President Obama and George W. Bush both gave a speech at the Dallas Police Memorial Service this afternoon.

The ceremony took place at the I.M. Pei-designed Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center, thus the Dallas, Grand Prairie and Arlington police. 

The construction site was barricaded.

bbaa21cddaecaeaae99e6dc926eb1269.jpg

201415caa1b003db2cc28718ca041d8e.jpg

• Like 2

Apartment builder JPI joins Dallas’ West Love development
Steve Brown
July 14, 2016

1468510376-REALLOVE_0325BUS_49626117.JPG

Irving-based JPI plans to build hundreds of apartments in the project on Mockingbird Lane at Maple Avenue.

The first phase will include almost 370 units.

JPI hopes to start building the rental community in September, said senior vice president Matt Brendel.

Construction is already underway in the 35-acre West Love project on two hotels - Aloft and Element - that will total 244 rooms. The $49 million hotel project opens next year.

And developer KDC is seeking tenants for a 150,000 to 200,000-square-foot office building it plans to build next to the hotels and apartments.

Full Article

• Like 1

Bishop Arts Station update:

Look: Alamo Manhattan’s Bishop Arts real estate listing
Rachel Stone
July 6, 2016

Screen-Shot-2016-07-05-at-9.59.37-PM.png

Construction is expected to begin next month on Alamo Manhattan’s Bishop Arts redevelopment.

The project, which will take the northwest and southwest corners of Zang at Davis, will comprise 25,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space and 216 for-rent apartments.

According to its listing with the commercial real estate firm Shop, the development will have a nearly 5,000-square-foot restaurant space facing the planned streetcar stop between Davis and Seventh. That building also will have two other restaurants — one facing Davis and one facing Seventh, of about 3,400 square feet each.

Construction is expected to be complete in fall 2017.

Screen-Shot-2016-07-05-at-10.45.11-PM.pn

Screen-Shot-2016-07-05-at-10.48.29-PM.pn

Full Article

Edited by Sic'EmBears
  • Like 2

^I believe I can see the crane tower from just north of Royal lane on Abrams. I drive that way often and it will be great to see it rise. This spot in Lake Highlands has a great view of the skyline some don't know about. Texan41 knows what Im talking about. :D

1 hour ago, JasnoDTX said:

^I believe I can see the crane tower from just north of Royal lane on Abrams. I drive that way often and it will be great to see it rise. This spot in Lake Highlands has a great view of the skyline some don't know about. Texan41 knows what Im talking about. :D

Interesting, JasnoDTX.

The furthest places I've seen the Dallas skyline are:

1) Sam Rayburn Tollway at W Spring Creek Parkway

2) Southlake Boulevard at Byron Nelson Parkway

• Like 1

Exclusive: John Kirtland gets loan, begins work on redevelopment in downtown Dallas
Candace Carlisle
July 19, 2016

l_FsanNjXo7tl9QHT-q8dUmG8j6qBJWqTFqALYsZ

Dallas developer John Kirtland has closed on a construction loan to redevelop the 1950s-era Corrigan Tower at 1900 Pacific Avenue in downtown Dallas, with plans to begin work immediately on the project.

The Corrigan Tower is part of a massive redevelopment plan Kirtland is overseeing that also includes the neighboring historic Tower Petroleum Building at Elm Street and Pacific Street.

The redevelopment project is expected to bring hundreds of apartments and thousands of square feet of retail space to this part of downtown Dallas.

Plans for the two-building redevelopment include a "killer" restaurant in a building with a "boutique hotel" feel to the property, which will also be served by valet parking, he has previously told the DBJ.

The Art Deco architecture of Tower Petroleum will be preserved and incorporated in the redevelopment.

Kirtland declined to disclose the potential names for the residential towers, which would include up to eight penthouses on floors 18-22. 

Full Article

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sic'EmBears said:

Interesting, JasnoDTX.

The furthest places I've seen the Dallas skyline are:

1) Sam Rayburn Tollway at W Spring Creek Parkway

2) Southlake Boulevard at Byron Nelson Parkway

Wow number 2 is pretty far I think.  When you're in Dallas check out the location I mentioned. Its a nice high elevation too. It kinda makes you think youre in LA or something. ))