Alden Woods - New Neighborhood In Cypress

mrfootball

Curious about the work being done on Huffmeister near Kluge (between White Oak Lake Estates and Lake Cypress Estates). It appears a new neighborhood is being built on this heavily wooded tract that backs up to Little Cypress Creek. From the development plan it looks like it'll have 2 lakes (11.3 acres of detention) surrounded by roughly 144 homesites on 73.4 acres.

The developer has an opportunity to create something very nice if they do like Longwood and retain as much of the beautiful tree canopy as possible. There aren't many wooded tracts like this left in Cypress and it would differentiate it nicely from the endless sea of homes being built on the open Katy Prairie (south of Hwy 290) if they kept the wooded feel. It's also one of the few remaining tracts located within one of the best K-12 feeder patterns in Harris County.

I know a lot of families (including my own) that would like to move up into larger, newer homes and stay within the Hamilton El., Hamilton Middle, Cy-Fair HS school zone. Looking forward to seeing what they'll have to offer here.

Link to Development Plan for Alden Woods in Cypress

Link to Google Maps

• 9 months later...

I've been watching the land on Huffmeister near Kluge being cleared for development. Been wondering what was going on. I also noticed the trees that were spared. Sounds like a lot larger development than what I thought by glancing at it. I hate to see all the private homesteads w acreage sold off to commercial buyers. There are so many signs on Telge, especially, all the way to FM 2920. The area is changing rapidly. Old farm houses are vanishing. You are so right, small wooded patches of land are disappearing, as well (Spring-Cypress is one area, near Grant). It disturbs me. I love the areas on Huffmeister, N. Eldridge, and Telge where horse stables are located. I was looking at the flood maps on-line, studying the area roads, creeks and flood plains yesterday. I also found an "Anderson" sawmill location on an old topography map, explaining the subdivision name Anderson Woods (on Grant) near Jones. Lately, I have been admiring the homes and business that sit on stilts, on the edge of Enchanted Valley, near Huffmeister, closer to the bayou, on that main exit road (not Blossomheath).

>> Any updates on who the home builder will be?

Coventry Homes is building at least some of them. We toured a house in Parc Lake Estates off Eldridge and spoke with a Coventry person who told us homes will be going up this year in Alden Woods. This is directly across from the horse stables and south of the mobile home park on Huffmeister. Coventry seems to be a well-respected builder and they can customize quite a bit. For example my wife wants an extra-large covered patio and I would like an extended workshop on the back of the garage. The salesperson said this is no problem. Pay the $5,000 design fee and they put you with an architect to make the modifications.

She also noted the lots will be 70 feet wide vs the 80 ft wide lots in Parc Lake Estates. The houses we saw were $500-$700 and I got the feeling Alden Woods will be in the same range.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Alden Woods - New Neighborhood In Cypress

Archived