Dallas in the Media

I guess Dallas doesn't have enough problems with it's perceived ugliness and boringness - the networks have to make everyone that lives there look like idiots too. Guess that's nothing new tho (JR Ewing, Hank Hill, Walker) and now this. I wonder if I'll ever live to see the day that ANY t.v. show based in Dallas might actually be watchable.

I'm sure this show will do for Dallas what Reno 911 does for Reno, unless it gets cancelled quickly.

Dallas Is the New L.A.: Chase and Lonestar Will Shoot Here. And, Bonus Good Guys Episodes!

By Robert Wilonsky, Thursday, May. 13 2010 @ 5:40PM)

Categories: From the RTF Dept.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2010/05/dallas_is_the_new_la_chase_and.php

Bradley, if yer sticking 'round through the summer, I sure hope that Trans Am has a good air conditioner.

​Networks won't officially announce which pilots will be turned into full-fledged series till next week's upfronts. But two days after NBC surprised absolutely no one by picking up Jerry Bruckheimer's U.S. Marshals actioner Chase comes word that FOX has indeed placed an order for Lonestar -- the soapy drama about an oil man leading a double life that was known as Midland when it was shooting here with director Marc Webb and co-star Jon Voight earlier this year.

So, I guess Los Angeles has some competition now with Dallas! :lol:

So, I guess Los Angeles has some competition now with Dallas! laugh.gif

Due to film incentives being offered outside of California, LA already has competition with Albuquerque, Austin, Shreveport, New Orleans, Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, etc.

Anyways I have always said that Houston and Dallas are related to LA, this just proves it.

Archived