please recommend gas furnace

A contractor came in and said our gas furnace is too old. He also said there's CO2 leaking issue.I noticed that the heater had to work extremely hard in the winter last year. Can anyone please recommend an energy efficient model eligible for tax credit? Or any reliable contractor to use? Or any website I can go read more on this topic? My house is a 4-bedroom one story built in the 60s. The furnace is in the attic. Thanks in advance.

I was once told by my service tech there are really only 2 manufactures that actually make furnaces which other companies slap their name on, so I wouldn't worry about the brand/model. Just look for a decent price and one with a AFUE of 95 or greater if you want the tax credit. (Note: high efficient gas heaters are kind of a waste down here as seldom as we use them. May not be worth spending the extra bucks for the tax credit). 

ARS seems to be pretty reliable as well as fairly competitive on pricing and they back their work. My mother's house has had both interior and exterior modules for her A/C replaced within the last 2 yrs. Used them for both jobs, and did a great job both times.

here is a link:

http://www.ars.com/

Competitive? I thought ARS used a gun to make people pay the rates they charge. I don't know why you would use them unless it is an emergency.

Call me, I have an excellent A/C man (licensed, insured, etc.) and he is actually reliable!

Competitive? I thought ARS used a gun to make people pay the rates they charge.

Well there you go thinking again ! But sure, go ahead and get Chuck and a Truck out there to do it. The low bidder guy is ALWAYS the best bet. :rolleyes:

Archived