High-Rise Condominium Rising In Sugar Land

texasboy

http://harpictures.marketlinx.com/MediaDisplay/61/hr1475561-1.jpg

Currently under construction

Prices range from $240,000- $700,000

I have actually looked at some of the prices at some of the condos in Sugar Land Town Square, and they swear to themselves they are located in downtown with those prices. lol.

Looks good, although..like you said..a tad overpriced. Thankyouverymuch, I think I'll take my 400,000, and buy a nice townhome inner-loop.

Yeah, a high-rise for Sugarland, but a mid-rise in general.

I think the prices are a little ambitious. Hey, if they don't sell, they will only come down. Another thing to note, it is already under construction. This means some of them have already beenn sold or the financier didn't care and loaned the money out anyway.

What does Tom Delay have to do with it?

Also, I'm proud of Sugarland. This small humble town has grown with some sense into a real nice suburb. Also, it is an incorporated town. That's fairly impressive too. The city has controled the development to make it work to their advantage versus just lettting it run wild.

I don't know, those prices may be worth it very soon. Have you guys been down there recently? I was just there on Monday evening and the atmosphere there was fantastic. People around the fountain, sitting outside alfresco, walking families, and busy retail. Then about a block away, I saw the construction of the new section of First Colony Mall with the new Cheesecake Factory and the lush landscaping with it's new towering Palms. Not to mention all of the other amenities close by and the other construction going on. All of that is just a hop skip and jump from those new "lofts". Those things are going to be in the heart of a heck of a lot of activity and it will all be walkable. I would love to live there.

I don't know, those prices may be worth it very soon. Have you guys been down there recently? I was just there on Monday evening and the atmosphere there was fantastic. People around the fountain, sitting outside alfresco, walking families, and busy retail. Then about a block away, I saw the construction of the new section of First Colony Mall with the new Cheesecake Factory and the lush landscaping with it's new towering Palms. Not to mention all of the other amenities close by and the other construction going on. All of that is just a hop skip and jump from those new "lofts". Those things are going to be in the heart of a heck of a lot of activity and it will all be walkable. I would love to live there.

I dont know dude. It's too far from everything.

I dont know dude. It's too far from everything.

But it's not too far from itself.

Some people both live and work in the burbs. Don't always assume that everyone who lives out must then fight their way back to the inner loop if they want to do anything at all. There are lots of things going on down there that can occupy people's time.

That being said, if someone did commute in, I wouldn't pay 270-700K for a condo out there. For 300K, you can get a very nice small home in a place like Braes Heights. You could have a yard and a short commute.

LTAWACS, I can see where you are coming from with the issue of sprawl, and I usually do not support it, but Sugar Land Town Square is worth a visit. Plus the area surrounding the development is very much established and not just in the middle of nowhere. I agree with Velvetj somewhat. The area is probably about 15-20 miles southwest of downtown off 59, but I can see why prices are somewhat on the steep side. If you visit the area, you will see that it is a very coveted area to be in. I know it sounds funny being a suburb, but minus the Tom Delay supporters, I love that area.

Regardless of who supports who out there, the area is booming. The town center is a great attempt at densifying and unifying the region. Sugarland is taking the initiative to create there own urban space.

But it's not too far from itself.

Some people both live and work in the burbs.  Don't always assume that everyone who lives out must then fight their way back to the inner loop if they want to do anything at all.  There are lots of things going on down there that can occupy people's time.

That being said, if someone did commute in, I wouldn't pay 270-700K for a condo out there.  For 300K, you can get a very nice small home in a place like Braes Heights.  You could have a yard and a short commute.

Exactly. I live and work in Sugar Land. One thing I have on most Suburban people (and a lot of urban people for that matter) is that my office is in walking distance of my home. I walk to/from work and home for lunch on most days.

Also - in line with something that someone else said about Sugar Land being an "Edge city". If you mean what I think, you're right. The projections show that Sugar Land is on track to become the second largest city in the Houston area - being second to only Houston itself. All of this is expected to occur by 2010 when the population is projected to be over 200,000. This will be not only from development, but also once they annex the areas within the ETJ (Greatwood, New Territory, etc) Right now the population is only around 70,000, but if you include the ETJ I believe the population is around 120,000 right now.

Plus..there is more coming. In lakePoint Town Center, there are at least two more condos coming, which should be similar in design to the ones present in The Woodlands (if the billboards on 59 are correct). The existing CityPlaza apartments have been popular, and this is probably why we are seeing such a proliferation of these residences in SL.

Now..we may be seeing even more of these in the Imperial Sugar development..which may be hoping for too much, due to the Perry involvement in the project, but, only time will tell what will happen.

Long live SugarLand!

I respectfully dissagree. I can get from HWY6 and 59 to uptown in about 12 minutes. of course that's not possible during a morning commute but barring an accident it's not to far at all.

Hrm... I see what you're saying. but isn't the morning commute a critical time? you could end up losing alot of time just sitting in traffic. and unless you work in "uptown" what good is it?

• The title was changed to High-Rise Condominium Rising In Sugar Land

Archived