Townhomes In Eastwood/Woodleigh

I like the style (although we can't see all of it) and that tall fence was a very smart idea. Too bad cant use barbed wire or electric fence.

and yes look oddly out of place here but so do most new town homes that are or were sprouting up around here. I prefer that new modern look compared to some of the too far gone dilapidated structures that are presently here.

How will they ever sell these?

I like the style (although we can't see all of it) and that tall fence was a very smart idea. Too bad cant use barbed wire or electric fence.

You can use barbed wire. I prefer coiled razor wire, personally, although my chain link fences in the East End incorporate both types.

The important thing is that the fence not exceed eight feet in height--otherwise it requires a permit.

"Too bad cant use barbed wire or electric fence."

I live just down the block and have neither barbed wire nor an electrified fence and don't feel I need either one. I believe woodleigh is very safe area and regularly walk my dog at 3am without fear. Either way, I think they will be on the market for a while, regaurdless of location rather because of the market itself.

• 2 weeks later...

They "don't fit" with their surroundings... but if you compare them to some of the other mismatch around the city, these townhomes are a miniscule offense at best.

BTW... can some PLEASE draw a map of the East End??? Everyday, I get more and more confused about the neighborhoods here... What all encomasses GREATER Eastwood? Where does Eastwood end and Woodleigh begin? How can you tell when you've left Broadmoor and crossed into the 2nd Ward? And WHAT is that neighborhood on the other side of Jackson Middle School (between Polk, Dumble and Harrisburg)? I am so confused living here!

They "don't fit" with their surroundings... but if you compare them to some of the other mismatch around the city, these townhomes are a miniscule offense at best.

BTW... can some PLEASE draw a map of the East End??? Everyday, I get more and more confused about the neighborhoods here... What all encomasses GREATER Eastwood? Where does Eastwood end and Woodleigh begin? How can you tell when you've left Broadmoor and crossed into the 2nd Ward? And WHAT is that neighborhood on the other side of Jackson Middle School (between Polk, Dumble and Harrisburg)? I am so confused living here!

I believe Sidney St is the dividing line between Woodleigh and Eastwood. Otherwise, I'm not totally sure about the rest.

If you want neighborhood names you should peruse the maps at HCAD.

I'd say the 2nd Ward begins north of Harrisburg....

Google the terms "Houston GIMS". You'll see a website that is maintained by the City's Public Works & Engineering Department. They have an online GIS application that you need to open up. Then zoom in on Greater Eastwood. Be sure to turn on the parcels and edge of pavement layers. Find the areas you want to look at, specifically, then turn on the Subdivisions layer and refresh. That'll resolve your questions about where different neighborhoods' boundaries are.

It doesn't show the old Wards, though. The old boundaries are just about completely irrelevant in this day and age. Second Ward is north of Harrisburg, east of Main, and south of the Buffalo Bayou. Third Ward is south of Harrisburg and east of Main.

WHAT is that neighborhood on the other side of Jackson Middle School (between Polk, Dumble and Harrisburg)?

That area is a mixture of a bunch of small subdivisions. Jackson Court is the one directly across from Jackson Middle school; it only has 5 streets - Polk and Stonewall run East/West, while Altic, Weaver, & Wyatt run North/South. McKinney, between Dumble & Lenox is in the Georgia subdivision; not sure of the exact boundaries. I think there's also another small subdivision called "Eastwood Oaks" somewhere back there.

Either I'm totally inept, or the GIMS software and Firefox don't get along. I can't get it to work on my computer. It's an awesome tool, though. I use it at work quite a bit.

That area is a mixture of a bunch of small subdivisions. Jackson Court is the one directly across from Jackson Middle school; it only has 5 streets - Polk and Stonewall run East/West, while Altic, Weaver, & Wyatt run North/South. McKinney, between Dumble & Lenox is in the Georgia subdivision; not sure of the exact boundaries. I think there's also another small subdivision called "Eastwood Oaks" somewhere back there.

Either I'm totally inept, or the GIMS software and Firefox don't get along. I can't get it to work on my computer. It's an awesome tool, though. I use it at work quite a bit.

Same issues in FF here.

Just opened in IE and it works great.

Also, you can see the wards if you turn on 'super neighborhood'

Also, you can see the wards if you turn on 'super neighborhood'

The Super Neighborhoods' names are connected to the socioeconomic legacy of the ward system, however the old boundaries aren't reflected precisely in the new system.

• 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Townhomes In Eastwood/Woodleigh

Archived