Home At 11706 Longleaf Ln.

Willowisp

In my Jenkins research I found this little street. Turns out 11718 Longleaf was by Jenkins but was either torn down or altered and "remodeled" in 1982 according to HCAD. When I went over there I found this house as well thinking it could be Jenkins or Floyd. I mailed the owners of both houses last year but got no reply.

Today on a whim I typed longleaf into HCAD and sure enough this house came up. Not a lot of pictures, definite teardown possibility, especially considering the listing. I may drop everything tomorrow to get a look at it if I can get a realtor friend to meet me over there.

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

• Like 1

In my Jenkins research I found this little street. Turns out 11718 Longleaf was by Jenkins but was either torn down or altered and "remodeled" in 1982 according to HCAD. When I went over there I found this house as well thinking it could be Jenkins or Floyd. I mailed the owners of both houses last year but got no reply.

Today on a whim I typed longleaf into HCAD and sure enough this house came up. Not a lot of pictures, definite teardown possibility, especially considering the listing. I may drop everything tomorrow to get a look at it if I can get a realtor friend to meet me over there.

http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

There is no key at the property to enter the house and the showing instructions ask that no one try to enter the house since it is a "lot only" sale. Else, I would meet you over there to take a look.

That's one of the most depressing things I've heard in awhile!

Maybe the realtor will be receptive to my passion/obsession and let us in.

Thanks for the info. This will likely be less productive than I hoped. But at least there are lots of windows.

Jason

There is no key at the property to enter the house and the showing instructions ask that no one try to enter the house since it is a "lot only" sale. Else, I would meet you over there to take a look.

We got in. The realtor says the family would love to see the house saved, but that just doesn't happen these days in that neighborhood. You should see the monster going up across the street.

PICT0006.jpg

Here's the living room. I believe the room outside was taken in as a sun room.

PICT0005.jpg

Here's the dining room.

PICT0014.jpg

Cool Pella accordian door

PICT0013.jpg

Classic window

PICT0008.jpg

Bathroom, all original

PICT0024.jpg

Front Door. My next door neighbor has a front door similar to this.

In conclusion, I felt like there was an excellent chance this was a Bill Jenkins design, but no one knows for sure. The owners were not the original owners, having moved there in the early 70s. Tracking down original owners sons/daughters could be done, at least maybe if they have unusual last names...

There was even what looked like it could have been a possible pond that had been filled in with quikcrete. It felt like a sister house to my own house in some ways. I hope if (when) it does get torn down, they will let me salvage some of the original fixtures.

Edited by Willowisp

• The title was changed to Home At 11706 Longleaf Ln.