Sedona Lakes Community In Pearland/Manvel

Chamo

http://www.sedona-lakes.com/

600 acres in Manvel. They are working on the entrance and doing some work on the roads. I understand that my builder Coventry Homes will be there too on phase I.

I also found the following interesting new plan for the area including..... Mustang Creek, Southpointe Crossing, Shadow Creek States.

http://www.landadvisors.com/pdf/52686-TXBZ00981PKG.PDF

Great info, Chamo. Looks like more neighbors will be coming just south of us. :rolleyes:

I hope they hurry up and start enhancing 288 (toll lanes or whatever). :mellow:

What is that Shadowcreek Estates all about? I wonder if it will ever get off the ground considering it is spittin' distance from the BR Landfill. :o

http://www.sedona-lakes.com/

600 acres in Alvin. They are working on the entrance and doing some work on the roads. I understand that my builder Coventry Homes will be there too on phase I.

I also found the following interesting new plan for the area including..... Mustang Creek, Southpointe Crossing, Shadow Creek States.

http://www.landadvisors.com/pdf/52686-TXBZ00981PKG.PDF

Sedona Lakes is in Manvel, not Alvin.

Maybe because Rodeo Palms has had problems, and some perceive it is withering on the vine?

What problems has Rodeo Palms.

Sedona Lakes is in Manvel, not Alvin.

You're right, my bad. I had Alvin ISD on my mind.

I always liked Rodeo Palms..... I think the many changes on plans and slow sales on their "Upscale" area might have hurt a bit, but last time I was there right after Ike, things were looking better. I know for a fact that Meritage was being very aggressive about sales and there are very good deals.

In terms of all the new possible construction, I think the market exists, and probably will hurt a little ST, SCR, Rodeo Palms & Southfork, but in the long run, it'll be OK. Traffic will be a nightmare on 288, let's just hope it's expansion starts sooner than later.

You're right, my bad. I had Alvin ISD on my mind.

I always liked Rodeo Palms..... I think the many changes on plans and slow sales on their "Upscale" area might have hurt a bit, but last time I was there right after Ike, things were looking better. I know for a fact that Meritage was being very aggressive about sales and there are very good deals.

In terms of all the new possible construction, I think the market exists, and probably will hurt a little ST, SCR, Rodeo Palms & Southfork, but in the long run, it'll be OK. Traffic will be a nightmare on 288, let's just hope it's expansion starts sooner than later.

Proximity to city center is helping Pearland a lot. I am starting to real signs of recession in the nabes, but that's still way better than the rest of the country. Nonetheless I still think Sedona Lakes' developer is either for another world, is high on something, mint his own money or I am too pessimistic about the economy.

Proximity to city center is helping Pearland a lot. I am starting to real signs of recession in the nabes, but that's still way better than the rest of the country. Nonetheless I still think Sedona Lakes' developer is either for another world, is high on something, mint his own money or I am too pessimistic about the economy.

I didn't dig into the details of Sedona Lakes too much, but it might be that the developer is just floating this project for now, to see if any investors bite. Cuz a pretty pamphlet does not a done deal make. :P

• 3 weeks later...
I drove by the sign and actually saw a work crew out there, clearing land. I'm guessing it's being cleared for the entranceway. I still don't know if this means there is definitely going to be a Sedona Lakes or not, but something is underway...

There was an ad for it in the housing section of last Sunday's paper too...maybe wheels are turning...

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Last week the Brazoria Co. commissioners court voted to approve funds for the construction of an overpass at State Highway 288 and County Road 101. The county will provide an estimated $396,559 toward the grade separation project. The total project is estimated at $2.246 million. Marlin Atlantis, the developer of Sedona Lakes, had agreed to provide $1.85 million toward the cost of the project.

It's obvious this project is intended to give better access to 288 for all the folks who will move in to Sedona Lakes in the years ahead. *crosses fingers*

Pulled from this link:

http://www.guidrynews.com/story.aspx?id=1000023828

• The title was changed to Sedona Lakes Community In Pearland/Manvel

Archived