Big Bonus Stamps

Does anyone remember getting Big Bonus Stamps and S & H green stamps when you went grocery shopping with your mom.

I remember it was such a treat to get the stamps go home lay them out on the floor and stick them in the books. We would be sticky and have stamps everywhere.

But the joy of going downtown to the Big Bonus Store and picking something big out.

We got a sewing machine one year. Me and my sister always fought over what gift we wanted.

Ah the memories of growing up in Houston.

That would be a nice incentive now days considering how expensive groceries are and no rewards. Corporate America would not allow that though.

Does anyone remember getting Big Bonus Stamps and S & H green stamps when you went grocery shopping with your mom.

I remember it was such a treat to get the stamps go home lay them out on the floor and stick them in the books. We would be sticky and have stamps everywhere.

But the joy of going downtown to the Big Bonus Store and picking something big out.

We got a sewing machine one year. Me and my sister always fought over what gift we wanted.

Ah the memories of growing up in Houston.

That would be a nice incentive now days considering how expensive groceries are and no rewards. Corporate America would not allow that though.

I grew up with them, too. I remember helping paste them in the books. I still see the little stamps, stamp books & catalogs for sale on EBAY. I recall green ones, and plum colored ones. And the signs were at the gas stations, right by the gas prices.

I grew up with them, too. I remember helping paste them in the books. I still see the little stamps, stamp books & catalogs for sale on EBAY. I recall green ones, and plum colored ones. And the signs were at the gas stations, right by the gas prices.

They do this sort of thing elsewhere in the country. I'm in CT now and the Big Y gives out these bonus "coins" when you shop. They also double and even triple coupons. Maybe they do that somewhere in Houston, but nowhere that I shop. It's not even worth cutting coupons in Houston, it seems.

These stamps were discussed on topic Latter Day Luxuries and other nostalgia related topics. :)

You could buy all kinds of cool things depending how many books you filled out. I remember the stiff pages (glue) when I would turn them. Not sure if toys were included but thats all I wanted then. Weingarten's was the main place we got ours circa 1962-70?

Wow! I sure remember the S&H Green stamps, and Weingarten's and Rice was where we got them from.

I remember my mother and grandmother collecting these together, I going maybe once a year to the S&H redemption center. If I do recall, it was in the Bellaire area somewhere.

I still have a few of the stamps, and whats left of a set of dishes from there.

Rhino

Archived