Hamilton Pool

WillowBend56

I first heard about this place in the 1970s from a Texas Monthly article. A girl friend from Houston and I went there to check it out. It was in private hands then (1977). Someone took an admission fee when you first drove in. You hiked from the parking area to the pool. We thought it was a neat place especially with water dripping off the rim above the pool. We didn't swim there, however. There was cattle cooling off in the pool and the water was pretty muddy from the cattle.

I have since read that Hamilton Pool is a "preserve."

I first heard about this place in the 1970s from a Texas Monthly article. A girl friend from Houston and I went there to check it out. It was in private hands then (1977). Someone took an admission fee when you first drove in. You hiked from the parking area to the pool. We thought it was a neat place especially with water dripping off the rim above the pool. We didn't swim there, however. There was cattle cooling off in the pool and the water was pretty muddy from the cattle.

you missed out not swimming.....but it is pretty damn cold too

http://www.co.travis.tx.us/tnr/parks/hamilton_pool.asp

Oh my God! I have not heard anyone speak about this place in many moons!

We used to pack in vans and head out there in early 80's then on to Paleface Park, etc. I have a few pics of this place around 1981-82 even of the armadillos shuffling around the area. Good old days of yore! :D

Theres even a website now, what in tarnation!? Sorry no naked people this time!

http://www.texasoutside.com/hamiltonpool.htm

Archived