Laptop with Vista

So we got a laptop with Vista on it. I like it. It looks great, and so far I've been able to find their new ways of showing/doing things. Sure some things are different but I would hope so since it's not XP.

With all the negativity surrounding Vista, what are the things I should be on the lookout for? Or was that just a bunch of anti-Microsoft complaining and things will be just fine?

So we got a laptop with Vista on it. I like it. It looks great, and so far I've been able to find their new ways of showing/doing things. Sure some things are different but I would hope so since it's not XP.

With all the negativity surrounding Vista, what are the things I should be on the lookout for? Or was that just a bunch of anti-Microsoft complaining and things will be just fine?

I think the best advice is to keep things patched. Most of the complaints I heard about Vista were from people who installed it themselves having compatibility problems. Since your machine came with Vista, you should be OK.

There were some laptops early on that were underpowered for the Vista they came with and people rolled back to XP, but this late in the game you should be in good shape.

Anyone with Vista on a laptop care to talk about their experiences?

I think the best advice is to keep things patched. Most of the complaints I heard about Vista were from people who installed it themselves having compatibility problems. Since your machine came with Vista, you should be OK.

There were some laptops early on that were underpowered for the Vista they came with and people rolled back to XP, but this late in the game you should be in good shape.

Anyone with Vista on a laptop care to talk about their experiences?

That's a good point - most of the horror stories I read when I researched had to do with upgrading to Vista and not starting with it.

Archived