Five Guys Burgers And Fries At 24004 SW Fwy.

I was really surprised to learn one of these is opening up in Rosenberg. It's an East Coast chain that gets very good reviews, often compared to In-and-Out on the West Coast. I've never eaten at either of them but I'll be checking this out (it's a lot closer than Steak 'n Shake or Culver's).

Five Guys, 24004 SW Fwy, Rosenberg

• 4 weeks later...

I went to 5 Guys this past week. I lived in California and and patronized In-N-Out regularly. I know In-N-Out, and 5 Guys is not In-N-Out. I had a two patty hamburger with cajun fries and soda, and it cost $9.72. That's $9.72 I'll never get back. Unless you have a nostalgia attachment to this place, I wouldn't waste the gas or time.

I don't know, I really liked it. The fries were exactly my style (fresh cut) and the burger was good. I only got a single patty though. Everyone's prices are going up, it's not cheap to eat out anymore. By the way, I went Thursday for lunch and the place was packed solid. I say, worth a try! Yum!

Having lived in Virginia and DC the last couple of years, I've grown to really like Five Guys. Great burgers and they put whatever you want on it. And I do enjoy the cajun fries. Never really been a fan of In-N-Out myself. I guess it's just a question of personal taste.

We have Five Guys here in Atlanta, and I it every once in a while. I've found the location closest to us a little inconsistent though. The first time I ate there it was great. But the last time it was way too greasy, and the entire burger just tasted like oil and grease. The fries are quite good though. And yes. a regular cheeseburger, fries, and drink at Five Guys will set you back $10. However, you can go cheaper by ordering a "Little" burger, which is still huge and bigger than most fast food burgers

I think you nailed it on the Cult following. Any burger with "spread" is too Yankeefied for Texans.

That's why What-A-Burger uses mustard as their standard. That's how we do it in Texas.

Quoted for truth! :lol:

Robb Walsh did a quick review of Five Guys last week:

Fresh Meat at Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Disappointing to hear that they only cook their burgers well-done. I'm with Robb; I'd rather have a medium or medium-rare patty or nothing at all. That said, the bacon cheeseburger he got looks pretty impressive.

The burger in the pic looks yummy, but "Five Guys" made me think of finding chest hair in my burger.

Oh well, the changes of me getting to Rosenberg are zilch. But back in the day there used to be a yummy sandwich place down there. I can't remember the name though.

• The title was changed to Five Guys Burgers And Fries At 24004 SW Fwy.

Archived