Melrose Building At 1121 Walker St.

lockmat

Just go to the club the night of the show. Tix have a way of becoming magically available right before a show, especially at smaller venues like that.

And then you're only a couple of miles away from the Happy Days Lounge.

I want to go, but not if someone is gonna try to sell it to me for 3 or 4 times it's worth. Is that what people normally do? I wouldn't really know b/c I don't go to a bunch of concerts and when I do, I already have my ticket.

I want to go, but not if someone is gonna try to sell it to me for 3 or 4 times it's worth. Is that what people normally do? I wouldn't really know b/c I don't go to a bunch of concerts and when I do, I already have my ticket.

Lockmat, if you want to take a chance get to the Meridian about an hour before the show starts, walk up the stairs to the entrance, and see if they have any late issued tickets. There are times in the club industry that the owner will put up extra tickets the night of the show.

A sell out is basically how many patrons can fit in with the fire code, and depending on the owner, some will issue an extra 50 to 100 tickets to make a little extra bank. Don't call and ask though, they'll just deny it.

Crunch is right. that's pretty much the drill.

besides, if you were a hard core fan, you'd already have your ticket, so there!

Seriously, just go to the venue and you'll find someone. If they dont' offer a decent price, just walk away and head for the Happy endings lounge.

Lockmat, if you want to take a chance get to the Meridian about an hour before the show starts, walk up the stairs to the entrance, and see if they have any late issued tickets. There are times in the club industry that the owner will put up extra tickets the night of the show.

A sell out is basically how many patrons can fit in with the fire code, and depending on the owner, some will issue an extra 50 to 100 tickets to make a little extra bank. Don't call and ask though, they'll just deny it.

Thanks Gary. I should know that since I worked in the box office for a minor league baseball team. We always had seats on hold right up until game time, just in case we needed them for family or whatever. We'd release them right before game time. Good seats too, right behind home plate. Same price.

But an hour before? k, thanks!

Crunch is right. that's pretty much the drill.

besides, if you were a hard core fan, you'd already have your ticket, so there!

Seriously, just go to the venue and you'll find someone. If they dont' offer a decent price, just walk away and head for the Happy endings lounge.

well poo on you. jk

I'm not a HUGE fan, but I appreciate her music, and I'm not a big music nut, so I only buy cd's when they're worth it. And I checked to see if there was a concert in Houston before, but they didn't have one listed, then *poof* there was.

i guess the youngsters don't know how to work it nowadays. crunch you should be lockmat's chaperone. if you don't get in at least you can buy the alcohol. LOL

lol, punk. I guess you're hinting that I should sneak in?

i guess the youngsters don't know how to work it nowadays. crunch you should be lockmat's chaperone. if you don't get in at least you can buy the alcohol. LOL

......lol, I thought we discussed the 'endangerment' issue, musicman. :lol:

Ha, I spent more than a couple of shows outside a club ticketless. The worst, though, was when I paid something like 60 scalper-bucks to see Henry Rollins at the Axiom and some dude puked all over me at the end of the first song. I spent half the set washing puke off me and the other half trying to muscle my way back to the stage. My friend told that when I was in the bathroom, Hank threatened to kick the guy's ass though, for assaulting a female with his bile, and being too much of a puppy to hold his liquor.

Hmmm. Don't think that would be the right environment for the youth of today.

......lol, I thought we discussed the 'endangerment' issue, musicman. :lol:

LOL

Hmmm. Don't think that would be the right environment for the youth of today.

lockmat on 2nd thought, i'm sure there's a nice concert going on at a church in the woodlands. ;)

Anone know where you go to buy tickets at this place? I stopped by this afternoon and went up the stairs on the north side of the building. But I'm not sure if that's where it is or not.

i think box office is only mon-fri

i think box office is only mon-fri

That's right. But Gary told me to show up early tonight to see if they release a few more. I talked to a couple employees today, and they didn't give me a definite no. They said to wait for the boss to get back. I came back an hour later and he still wasn't back, so.

Is there a cover?

That's right. But Gary told me to show up early tonight to see if they release a few more. I talked to a couple employees today, and they didn't give me a definite no. They said to wait for the boss to get back. I came back an hour later and he still wasn't back, so.

early is usually an hr before concert.

• The title was changed to Tickets For The Hotel Cafe Tour At The Meridian
  • The title was changed to Melrose Building At 1121 Walker St.

Archived