Luby's On Highway 249

elwoos

Does anyone have any information about the exact location of the Luby's that looks to be slated for the area between the abandoned Wal-Mart and El Corral on the east side of 249 just south of Spring Cypress? Is this new development in association with the retail center update? Are there any plans for the old Wal-Mart building except parking for Los Cucos?

The building between Los Cucus and Popeyes, from what I understand used to be a Wal Mart before the one in Tomball was built. Up until several years ago it was used by Compaq before the HP merger. The Luby sign is just south of the Popeyes.

• 4 weeks later...

I've never found a place to replicate their fried fish yet....give me that, macaroni and green beans and you got a winner

they have one of the better key lime pies also......

also...is the new concept store open in Cypress yet of 290?

I've never found a place to replicate their fried fish yet....give me that, macaroni and green beans and you got a winner

they have one of the better key lime pies also......

also...is the new concept store open in Cypress yet of 290?

Don't think the new store has opened.

As for the fish, I think it must have crackers or something in the batter.

The new store has been open for a few months now. It is the best Luby's I have ever been to, and I have been to many. It surpassed the one on 290 around Tidwell near their corporate HQ in my book as the best. The only problem is that it is crowded at all hours of the day, and the noise level inside is really, really high, even for a cafeteria.

The new store has been open for a few months now. It is the best Luby's I have ever been to, and I have been to many. It surpassed the one on 290 around Tidwell near their corporate HQ in my book as the best. The only problem is that it is crowded at all hours of the day, and the noise level inside is really, really high, even for a cafeteria.

I'mma have to try that one out.

• 1 month later...
The only problem is that it is crowded at all hours of the day, and the noise level inside is really, really high, even for a cafeteria.

Oh come on....you haven't experienced Luby's until you've been to a crowded, noisy one. Stuff yer ears with plugs and yer mouth with grub :D

• The title was changed to Luby's On Highway 249

Archived