Caroline St. And Elgin St.

midtownuser

Has anyone else noticed the new street sign for Caroline at Elgin? Well, the font is not the same as the rest of the midtown signs. It irritates me that they couldn't keep the signs consistant. Am I wrong about this? please let me know. thanks

<COUGH><COUGH>OCD!<COUGH><COUGH>

<COUGH><COUGH>MONK<COUGH><COUGH>

Edited by ricco67

Has anyone else noticed the new street sign for Caroline at Elgin? Well, the font is not the same as the rest of the midtown signs. It irritates me that they couldn't keep the signs consistant. Am I wrong about this? please let me know. thanks

I haven't seen the sign, but you're not wrong about public signage needing to be consistent with fonts and other graphic elements. It improves overall comprehension.

I don't think you're OCD. Well, if you are, then I am, too.

Perhaps they are modifying the font for all future Midtown signs? Is this font better than what they used on existing signs? I find the current signs rather difficult to read from a distance because the letters are all smashed together with a ton of white space (well, black space) going unused.

Perhaps they are modifying the font for all future Midtown signs? Is this font better than what they used on existing signs? I find the current signs rather difficult to read from a distance because the letters are all smashed together with a ton of white space (well, black space) going unused.

It is the exact same style of font, color, etc.

I think the only difference is that the standard midtown sign font is bolded, and this one is regular (it just appears a bit thinner)

Actually this sign is worse. It's not a matter of bold or plain, it is just a totally different font. Yes they are similar but not enough for me to notice a difference right away. This sign has more "black space" than the regular ones. The people in this forum that are calling me names like OCD probably live in one of those rundown homes and need to get out my neighborhood.

Actually this sign is worse. It's not a matter of bold or plain, it is just a totally different font. Yes they are similar but not enough for me to notice a difference right away. This sign has more "black space" than the regular ones. The people in this forum that are calling me names like OCD probably live in one of those rundown homes and need to get out my neighborhood.

Touchy! Touchy!

I was just making a little fun of it, I have a friend with OCD that goes nuts when she sees a street sign with dirt on it or is just a few degrees askew. I drive by that intersection all the time and I haven't noticed it. Then again, I rarely look up at street signs.

• 4 months later...
how do we get this replaced? whoever is responsible for this is an idiot and incompetent with their job. i mean, how hard is it to be match what is already on file? what should we do now?

Have you tried 311? Changing signs might not be high on their priority list, particularly if they have to order/manufacture one. I don't know what process the city uses to acquire signs, but that could be a factor as well.

• The title was changed to Caroline St. And Elgin St.