Seemingly Unmolested Mod FS In Shepherd Forest

jm1fd

I went with my realtor buddy to see this house Tuesday. When we got there another group of three was just leaving. The good news is it's kind of cool looking stylewise especially the exterior (front) and the living room inside. I suspect an elderly original owner recently left, the condition is overall pretty good but nothing looks changed since the 50's. The bad news is I'm pretty sure it flooded during Allison. We pulled up some of the carpet expecting hardwoods and instead found two layers of 3/4" plywood. I have a couple of friends in the area and they tell me it's very likely that all the houses on this street had water in them, and the realtor found out the next day it is in the 100 year flood plain. I'm intrigued by the possibilities of the house, the neighborhood seems pretty peaceful and a bit of tasteful interior updating could make it pretty cool. On the other hand, the spectre of flooding would always be in the back of my mind. The realtor is waiting on a callback from the listing agent with more disclosure on the property.

"On the other hand, the spectre of flooding would always be in the back of my mind. The realtor is waiting on a callback from the listing agent with more disclosure on the property."

Be forewarned, if the house has flooded once it will flood again. And having had 4'-0" of water in my town home (also in the 100 year flood plain) I can assure you the impact on ones life is substantial. Coupled with increased insurance expense and as you mentioned, knowledge of the prospect of a flood

• The title was changed to Seemingly Unmolested Mod FS In Shepherd Forest

Archived