Mattress Mack Marketing His Home

Porchman

Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale and his wife Linda have listed their 6,840-square-foot home, located at 3002 Pine Lake Trail in the swanky Northgate Forest subdivision in north Houston, for $1.49 million, and John Daugherty Realtors Inc. is marketing the home to potential buyers as a chance to own "The Home of Mattress Mack."

If you buy it today, will you get it today?

Full Article from the HBJ

the listing: http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

Jim "Mattress Mack" McIngvale and his wife Linda have listed their 6,840-square-foot home, located at 3002 Pine Lake Trail in the swanky Northgate Forest subdivision in north Houston, for $1.49 million, and John Daugherty Realtors Inc. is marketing the home to potential buyers as a chance to own "The Home of Mattress Mack."

If you buy it today, will you get it today?

Full Article from the HBJ

the listing: http://search.har.com/engine/dispSearch.cf...mp;backButton=Y

Nice but when I see the HAR pics I keep thinking it looks like Tony Soprano's house. And where is all the furniture? Guess they pared back to stage the house for the sale.

HAR description:

Magnificent estate in Northgate Forest, remodeled 2002. Dramatic 2 story entry w/winding staircase. 2 story living rm w/2 story fireplace & hardwoods is adjacent to sunrm. Gourmet kitchen w/built-ins & quality appliances. Breakfast rm w/built-ins, dining rm w/hardwoods. Swarovski crystal chandeliers. Media rm, den, weight rm, reflection rm, gameroom, extra rm & more. Master suite w/2 sided fireplace & amazing bath. Olympic style pool & spa. Pool house. Additional 5 car garage w/apartment above

I just love realtor descriptions. Guess there are so many rooms they had to start making up names for them. What is a "reflection room"?

I don't think I have ever seen a private pool with a sprinboard and a high diving board.

The rest of the house does remind me of the Soprano's pad.

I was looking at that and thought it was so odd that there were no rugs on the wood floors. But I am sure its that "suburban staging" concept. He pulled out is really belongings and put some of his showroom furniture in there.

The home has been on the market for a few months, and no public reference has been made to its "famous" owner. I guess when Mack decides it's really time to get the place sold, he pulls out all the stops. It just may work for him. The Shipley's, of Shipley Do-Nuts, also have their home for sale in Northgate Forest.

A couple other notable Houston area homes:

Fellow furniture giant Robert Finger's home had a contract on it before his recent death, and it closed shortly after he died.

David Carr's home went pending in less than 30 days.

Texas House of Representatives' Hubert Vo has had a mansion on the market (while under construction) for over a year.

Perhaps Mac should have a raffle, or a giveaway? I am not even charging for my marketing brillance Mac, that idea surely deserves one of those 70" bigscreens you got layin' around on the showroom floor ?

• 1 year later...

Archived