newbie posting links question suggestions

Guest Marty

Guest Marty

I write down the link in a 10.5 x 8 inch note book then i type in the link. I been around computers all my life since i was 5 years old 1980 " Apple computer day's " but i am new to the Internet 2+ years i know more about the basics like Internet security and researching stuff but there's got to be a easier way than what i am doing.

Thanks in advance Marty ;)

I write down the link in a 10.5 x 8 inch note book then i type in the link. I been around computers all my life since i was 5 years old 1980 " Apple computer day's " but i am new to the Internet 2+ years i know more about the basics like Internet security and researching stuff but there's got to be a easier way than what i am doing.

Thanks in advance Marty ;)

Marty, are you familiar with the copy and paste functions?

If you're copying the URL from the top of the page, left click on it (it should turn dark) then press Ctrl + C

Put the cursor where you want the link to appear, then press Ctrl + V

If the URL appears in the body of the document, hold down the left button on your mouse while passing it over the URL - it should turn dark. Proceed as above (press Ctrl + C)

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, probably just as newbie a question: I've got a pic of the "Shamrock Tower" block in downtown, but it's in a 1MB file size. If I upload it, will I bog down the system, or do I need to wait until I can get to a program that will downsize it? And if so, to what size do I need to downsize it?

Thanks.

OK, probably just as newbie a question: I've got a pic of the "Shamrock Tower" block in downtown, but it's in a 1MB file size. If I upload it, will I bog down the system, or do I need to wait until I can get to a program that will downsize it? And if so, to what size do I need to downsize it?

Thanks.

In Microsoft Office Picture Manager you can compress pictures or edit them to a smaller number of pixels. That might help.

• 4 months later...

Archived