NY Times Articles: Houston Hip Hop

Okay, I'll go ahead and post them here since they're not from the Houston Chronicle.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/17/arts/music/17BSann.html

A Visitor's Guide to the Houston Sound

By KELEFA SANNEH

Published: April 17, 2005

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/17/arts/music/17sann.html

By KELEFA SANNEH

Published: April 17, 2005

These days, though, Houston hip-hop is attracting not only the unhealthily obsessed but the newly curious, too, thanks in large part to the three men in the video, who are all scheduled to make their major-label debuts in the next few months. Mr. Jones - who cheerfully admits, "I'm forever promoting" - rarely spits a rhyme without announcing, "My album, 'Who Is Mike Jones?,' coming soon." And now it's true: he is to release it on Tuesday, through a new partnership between the Warner Brothers imprint Asylum and Swisha House, one of Houston's leading labels; Paul Wall and Slim Thug will follow suit this summer.

Much of the hip-hop coming out of Houston today can be traced to a tatty little shop on the south side that's announced by an odd sign: "Screwed Up Records & Tapes."

Edited to delete copyrighted content

You guys better believe Houston is next in music and I hope you guys support the artist comming out of Houston. Take a look at all the press Houston is getting and all the artist signing record deals, Its crazy right now.

Here is a list of a few recent artist out of Houston that have gone national:

Mike Jones

17120724.jpg

Letoya Luckett former Destiny's Child member

Her new single is coming out along with her May solo debut!

14-49707.jpg

Slim Thug

1141679-Thumb.jpg

Lil' Flip

10921801.jpg

Baby Bash

album_lg.jpg

Natalie Sings the song "Going Crazy"

homepage_r4_c3.jpg

Destiny's Child

376x180.jpg

• The title was changed to NY Times Articles: Houston Hip Hop