Whole Foods Market And $400K Houses Coming To Clear Lake?

Htowngirl

Middlebrook Newsletter - September 2007

Property Sale/Development Near Middlebrook

The acreage at the end of El Dorado on the north side of Clear Lake City Blvd has been sold to a developer. This land (412 acres) will either be developed as commercial/light industrial or residential.

To date, Exxon has restricted this land from residential development due to the presence of four dry wells. However, Fidelis would like to partner with Trendmaker Homes to build single family residential homes in the range of $400,000 (estimated) as well as a Whole Foods grocery at the entry at El Dorado.

In order to develop this land as residential, Exxon would have to lift the restrictions. Exxon has told the developer that the only way they will lift the restriction on residential development is if this change is supported by the community.

The developer will probably be making a presentation to the ACLC in October.

Discussion from the August Board Meeting:

If development is unavoidable, then residential development would appear to be preferable to commercial/light industrial development.

Concern was expressed about the location of the grocery store - a location with entrances off of Space Center seems preferable to the El Dorado location.

The effect of the proposed development on automobile traffic must be addressed. El Dorado and Clear Lake City Blvd are only two lanes near the El Dorado/Clear Lake City Blvd intersection. To support the additional homes, the development plan should include the expansion of these roads to four lanes along with appropriate traffic light installation.

We need to understand the potential effect (if any) of the proposed residential development on the planned construction of a fire station at the El Dorado/Clear Lake City Blvd intersection.

This topic has been added to the agenda for the September meeting of the Middlebrook Board of Directors, and we are interested in your opinion. If you would like to submit your thoughts/concerns on this subject, please send an email to Ed Robertson with a subject of "Land Development."

We are attempting to gain a better understanding of the development plans and options/alternatives, and will share any new information via this web site.

I tried to post this before, to no avail.

Moved to Middlebrook about a week ago - then found out about this.

Friendswood Development said that we were "Built out" in Clear Lake, because that isn't true.

They are building new houses in Bay Oaks - and this property they are talking about has had cattle on it since 1991 - for tax purposes - free land - until they start building. And don't forget the "ex" golf course that will be turned into houses in the $300,000 and up category.

Clear Lake built out?????

Hardly!!!!

Regarding my own idea to bring Clear Lake into Houston ISD, the city limit division is kind of annoying. If I was on a committee to rezone all of Houston into HISD (and bring Clear Lake HS and its feeder schools into the district with mostly the same attendance boundaries - i.e. only Clear Lake City people would be zoned to Clear Lake schools - other people have to apply to get in, with the school taking a select number of applicants) - What to do with the Pasadena part, I ask? Should it go to the Pasadena district? (IMO, that would be strange since the Clear Lake and adjacent-to-Taylor Lake parts of Pasadena seem disjointed from the rest of Pasadena) Should it go into the Houston district with zoning to CLHS?

• The title was changed to Whole Foods Market And $400K Houses Coming To Clear Lake?

Archived