New Subdivision?

Went back again today and Newmark and Trophy both have 2 models showing. The signs say that Westin, Powers and Hallmark are also going to be there. Zoned for Seven Lakes and Beckendorff.

See this community is quite interesting. It has homes in the low 100's and the kids are zoned to the same schools that wealthy peoples children go to. This (In my opinion) would be a smart investment. I went there about 2 weeks ago but it looks like its in the middle of nowhere. However i know that this is going to change in the next couple of years. Also i read something in the chronicle that they were planning to take Spring something Rd. all the way to I-10. That road is right next to the main entrance of the subdivision. It is going to be interesting to see how this community is going to turn out.

See this community is quite interesting. It has homes in the low 100's and the kids are zoned to the same schools that wealthy peoples children go to. This (In my opinion) would be a smart investment. I went there about 2 weeks ago but it looks like its in the middle of nowhere. However i know that this is going to change in the next couple of years. Also i read something in the chronicle that they were planning to take Spring something Rd. all the way to I-10. That road is right next to the main entrance of the subdivision. It is going to be interesting to see how this community is going to turn out.

or could be a bad investment if poor folk move in and stop taking care of their yards and houses as they sometimes do. sorry for the generalization. I'm not far from poor in some folks minds too i'm sure. people could move in at that price point and hold property values down. if it had a better location than I might tend to agree with you.

or could be a bad investment if poor folk move in and stop taking care of their yards and houses as they sometimes do. sorry for the generalization. I'm not far from poor in some folks minds too i'm sure. people could move in at that price point and hold property values down. if it had a better location than I might tend to agree with you.

I agree with you. We live fairly close and have been seeing the "Houses from the low 100s" signs and drove over there to check it out. From what I can tell, the front section of the neighorhood is homes from 225K or so and up, and then the rear section is the 110K+ homes; these smaller homes have very minimal brick and very small lots. If you were buying in the smaller section, it might be a good area because you are surrounded by large homes. However, there is no way I would buy in the more expensive section and take a chance on the smaller section going bad, not when I could get into Cinco, Seven Meadows, Grand Lakes and the like for the same money.

Does anybody know what development is going in close to Greenbusch/Katy Gaston? Is this the last section of Cinco or will Pine Mill go all the over to Katy Gaston? The road graders have been busy over there.

Hi, I was driving around today and noticed a new sub-division called Pine Mill Ranch on the Katy-Gaston road. Anyone got inside information on it?

I have some inside info, it is just another BS master planned "community" or lack there of that is trying to cash in on cheap farm land.

The "Pine" as in the pine trees that currently exist will be bull dozed 5 years from now to make way for Wal-mart's and Home Depot's. :closedeyes:

The "Mill", I don't recall seeing wind mills, water mills, or grain mills in the area???. <_<

The "Ranch" term is silly, since I am sure the 1/4 acre lots or less are not conducive for ranches. :mellow:

This name goes with the other generic name that romanticize the neighborhood to make it seem marketable. None are as bad as the "Enchanted Forest" though by the I-10 Beltway 8 inter-change. :wacko:

Edited by Pumapayam

I hate how people paint this picture of homes priced from the low 100's. Most of Cinco Ranch and Seven Meadows have homes from the low 100's. Yards look fine. How do you know if the people who buy the 200k+ homes won't take care of their own yard?

Edited by Trae

Future contender for suburban decay, low income people that buy new homes never keep up with it afterward. That and more homes in the low 100's are built so cheaply it is just a quick profit for developers that don't put any thought into making the neighborhood more unique.

This one has generic all over it.

I hate how people paint this picture of homes priced from the low 100's. Most of Cinco Ranch and Seven Meadows have homes from the low 100's. Yards look fine. How do you know if the people who buy the 200k+ homes won't take care of their own yard?

Actually Seven Meadows does not have homes "from the low 100's." In fact, right now on HAR.com the lowest price is $205K. For practical purposes, you can no longer build a new home there for less than $200K although I have seen resales in the $175+ range. I imagine the situation is similar in Cinco Ranch. The quality of these homes is quite a bit different than those for $110 IMO. Pine Mills would probably be great if you're on the lower end of the price range, but if I was planning on spending in the low 200s I would probably take a smaller home in a different neighborhood from an investment standpoint.

good luck finding a house in cinco or seven meadows for less than , what? 145,000 maybe even 150,000. I was not speaking of the people that buy that range of homes, i was speaking to the low 100's range

Seven Lakes and Cinco did have homes from the 100K just a few years back. The value has risen the price. We have that in Firethorne, too. What makes you think this won't happen to Pine Mill Ranch?

As someone who looked extensively at homes a few years ago, I can definitely say that you could not build a new home in Cinco or Seven Meadows in the low 100s. Maybe this was possible when Cinco Ranch first began but I do not believe it has been the case for some time.

At any rate, home values in the area have increased even in the short time I have been here. The homes are likely of inferior value if they are advertised as low 100s when similarly sized homes in the surrounding neighborhoods are significantly more expensive. Cheaper neighbhorhoods are usually not as well kept. Like it or not, it is a rather consistent observation. This, along with the inferior home quality, will probably cause the value of these homes to increase more slowly than others in the area. That said, it will not be a "bad" neighborhood. Just probably not as nice as others nearby.

We were looking at homes, too. You could find a home in Seven Meadows (about three years ago), for 140K-180K. I consider 140K low 100's. You could find some in the mid 100's easily.

155,000 was always the advertised starting point in seven meadows. and you could not get in a house for that price. you have to remember this neighborhood is just a couple of years old. You are dragging this thread off-topic a bit ,but, this is about the price point to me 150k nd above where I have decided I want to live. this is what I found personally looking just over 2 years ago the only new construction near my price point were some darlings home models that were listed as starting at 175,000 but the ones they had in inventory were going for about 184k . a little above my price point when i could get a similar house in Cinco for 165k.

If you delve deeper into the price ranges at PMR you'll find that the base price for the cheapest house is 119,000 for only 1200 sq ft. The top house from the same builder (Trophy) is $170,000 for 2800 sq ft base price.

I don't agree with whoever said that people in this price range won't look after their land - they will probably be so proud to be first time buyers that they will be better than those in the other price brackets.

If you delve deeper into the price ranges at PMR you'll find that the base price for the cheapest house is 119,000 for only 1200 sq ft. The top house from the same builder (Trophy) is $170,000 for 2800 sq ft base price.

I don't agree with whoever said that people in this price range won't look after their land - they will probably be so proud to be first time buyers that they will be better than those in the other price brackets.

I spoke to a manager in charge of construction of new schools. He said that the district has some land 1/4 mile north of this subdivision, where in fact the next high school will be built!!

yep, the info I got at the sales office was a new 'Katy-Gaston' High School and Junior High being built nearby.

It's worthwhile going to visit the three sales offices out there. Between them all (and especially Trophy) they really know their facts.

And check out how many homes have been sold since the area opened.

I am not sure, but MRHS is over crowded, and if you look at the Grand Parkway Association site, you can see how many homes are planned (for MRHS and KHS zone). Another high school will be needed up there soon.

I am not sure, but MRHS is over crowded, and if you look at the Grand Parkway Association site, you can see how many homes are planned (for MRHS and KHS zone). Another high school will be needed up there soon.

I could have sworn I was told that high school 8 would be at Grand Parkway and Clay Road (after Grand Parkway is extended to 290)

Mo Ranch is only overcrowded right now because the school board didn't want to spend money on a 9th grade center when the initial structure was built. Their enrollment is 2,400+, the smallest in KISD with all 4 grades. 7Lakes is smaller, but doesn't have seniors yet.

UIL Enrollment figures

Next year, Morton Ranch will be larger than Mayde Creek. The freshman class at Morton Ranch now has about 850 students. Next year, it will be about the same. The senior class is the smallest, with just over 400.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...