Adopting kids

Houston1stWordOnTheMoon

This board is soaked with a diverse group of people. I have questions for the people here that have adopted kids. Was it a difficult process and was it expensive? Was it an international adoption or did the kids come from here in the US? Is it easier to adopt kids from other countries than kids from America? Also, does religion play a factor in the kids you have adopted? Is it common to adot kids from diff. religious backgrounds? Are the kids older or newborns?

General question for people here that have girls. Is it more expensive to raise girls than it is boys?

All feed back is welcomed ;)

My two sons are adopted - they are birth brothers and are 15 months apart.

We had a private adoption.

It was fairly expensive, but all you can legally pay for in a private adoption is the hospital and doctor's visits, and the attorney's fees. <

This board is soaked with a diverse group of people. I have questions for the people here that have adopted kids. Was it a difficult process and was it expensive? Was it an international adoption or did the kids come from here in the US? Is it easier to adopt kids from other countries than kids from America? Also, does religion play a factor in the kids you have adopted? Is it common to adot kids from diff. religious backgrounds? Are the kids older or newborns?

General question for people here that have girls. Is it more expensive to raise girls than it is boys?

All feed back is welcomed ;)

My two sons are adopted - they are birth brothers and are 15 months apart.

We had a private adoption.

It was fairly expensive, but all you can legally pay for in a private adoption is the hospital and doctor's visits, and the attorney's fees. <

Empty nest syndrome is starting to set in at my house. I have been with this lady long enough to know when she is sending me signals. Our boys are in college now and i know she wants girls. Adoption will be the route for us at this point. I would like to learn as much as possible about the process. My early retirement goal is pretty much out the window i think, she is pretty consistent with the hints that there are many kids waiting to be adopted, especially girls---older and babies. I want to learn as much as i can, i dont know the first thing about raising girls...im from a mostly male dominated family. Strong arm and belligerence is what i know and i would never focus that on my girls-if or when we get them. I appreciate input from all people here that are more experienced.

With your boys, do they know they are adopted, and if so is that a negative factor in thier eyes?

Archived