Houston in 2057

On Jan. 28th, Discovery Channel will premiere a documentary called "2057". It is about what life will be like by 2057. I am just curious to hear what your visions of "Houston in 2057" are.

For example, by 2057 I see Houston finishing up with the oil industry and will replace all the oil rigs along the ship channel into residential areas and green parks and will pioneer in a breakthrough alternative to oil.

I also see buildings taller than anything today all over the city and the gaps between downtown, uptown, TMC, and westchase will be filled in, creating one massive skyline.

I don't know this is my vision. Let me hear all your opinions and what y'all have to say. B)

Edited by Rio Grande Valley

On Jan. 28th, Discovery Channel will premiere a documentary called "2057". It is about what life will be like by 2057. I am just curious to hear what your visions of "Houston in 2057" are.

For example, by 2057 I see Houston finishing up with the oil industry and will replace all the oil rigs along the ship channel into residential areas and green parks and will pioneer in a breakthrough alternative to oil.

I also see buildings taller than anything today all over the city and the gaps between downtown, uptown, TMC, and westchase will be filled in, creating one massive skyline.

I don't know this is my vision. Let me hear all your opinions and what y'all have to say. B)

The ship channel is unlikely to revert to residential uses. Even if gasoline refining can be eliminated, the chemical industry will remain. There's really no way around that. In fact, it might very well expand. I could see how some of the big plants could be made obsolete, but I'd think that they're more likely be converted to parks and wetlands than to housing.