North Of Ten/South Of Ten

2fatcats

I remember back in the early 90's my real estate agent telling me I should buy south of Ten because it was the "better" part of Katy. Since she was a personal friend and not just trying to push me into a certain neighborhood, I took her at her word and bought there. The only differences I have noted over the years is that north of ten was slower to develop but not necessarily "worse" than the south although the south does have some pretty high dollar real estate in some areas. I have often wondered if she had some inside information about future development, or maybe was just speculating on the differences in the neighborhoods on either side of the freeway.

It seems like people on the north side were less financially well off then they were south of 10, of course not everyone just a large chunk of the north side residents.

And it seems that the northside is developing at quite a rapid rate these days. Although I would agree then that the south side was a bit more developed.

It seems like people on the north side were less financially well off then they were south of 10, of course not everyone just a large chunk of the north side residents.

And it seems that the northside is developing at quite a rapid rate these days. Although I would agree then that the south side was a bit more developed.

Southside gets the better planned neighborhoods, northside gets all the Wal-mart and generic neighborhood's.. all those that are advertised "in the low $100's"

• 2 weeks later...
Southside gets the better planned neighborhoods, northside gets all the Wal-mart and generic neighborhood's.. all those that are advertised "in the low $100's"

I think southern Katy has a Walmart (like north Katy), but it also has two Targets, and a new Walmart at the Grand Parkway @ Westpark Tollway intersection.

I remember back in the early 90's my real estate agent telling me I should buy south of Ten because it was the "better" part of Katy. Since she was a personal friend and not just trying to push me into a certain neighborhood, I took her at her word and bought there. The only differences I have noted over the years is that north of ten was slower to develop but not necessarily "worse" than the south although the south does have some pretty high dollar real estate in some areas. I have often wondered if she had some inside information about future development, or maybe was just speculating on the differences in the neighborhoods on either side of the freeway.

I live on the south side... thought you might enjoy this link to an article that appear in the chronicle back in May 2006.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/busine...ds/3851173.html

• 4 months later...

people in katy really like to stereotype the northern side. just because we have a lower average household income doesnt mean that the southern side is better. besides, the southside have a bigger drug problem in the schools than the northern side because they can afford it. all the schools have a drug problem just the southern side has a bigger problem than the northern.

• The title was changed to North Of Ten/South Of Ten

Archived